Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

WF introduction (1 Viewer)

ike3422

Hi guys. I'm excited for my next few posts on WF. I really like the way supporting members of the community, even those who've been actively involved for quite a while, are helping out the newer members of this site. I've participated in discussion boards with my college creative writing class, and have, so far, enjoyed the experience. I hope this will translate well here! One thing that amazes me is the sort of involvement people are willing to commit themselves toward another person, especially if they feel like they can genuinely help them with an awkward passage, or a passage that stumps them. I'm relieved, honestly, that there's this sort of community involvement in a world that seems so hectic offline. I also appreciate all the hard work everybody has put in. Take a look at my posts and I'll see you on the discussion boards! (A personal fact: purple prose irks me; my goal is to write as clear as possible. Anything you can add to this would be awesome :wink: )
-Ike

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Welcome, Ike. Good to see you around the forums, getting to know your 'neighbors' and letting them get to know you.

WF is a neat place—a community with genuine community spirit. It's also very much a give and take place, as you've likely already noticed. Good on you!

LambertLover

Welcome, Ike, and I love your post! Take it from another newbie, I love the way you talk about us, and I feel the same way you do about everyone here, I see what you see! :)

If there's anything we can help you with just go ahead and ask. I'll be glad to do what I can.

LambertLover.