Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

WF Bookstore - Members' Published Books (2 Viewers)

Today the Writingforums.com owners and staff are pleased to announce the creation of a new forum, titled Members’ Published Books. This is a WF Bookstore where books written by our members can be found and purchased.

WF_Logo_2colorOptions-02_opt.png

Published authors (of every type), please visit the Forum, check out the rules in the FAQ, and start showing your stuff. :) We encourage members to browse the offerings to help support our authors and the site. You can easily look for books of your favorite genre.

A portion of the proceeds will help support WritingForums.com, at no extra cost to purchasers OR authors.

Now, when looking for our next great read, we can support each other and this site!

Today the Writingforums.com owners and staff are pleased to announce the creation of a new forum, titled Members’ Published Books. This is a WF Bookstore where books written by our members can be found and purchased.

View attachment 27211

Published authors (of every type), please visit the Forum, check out the rules in the FAQ, and start showing your stuff. :) We encourage members to browse the offerings to help support our authors and the site. You can easily look for books of your favorite genre.

A portion of the proceeds will help support WritingForums.com, at no extra cost to purchasers OR authors.

Now, when looking for our next great read, we can support each other and this site!
Do participants have to meet all of the requirements listed? I'm not finding the link you mentioned in my preferences. I'm guessing its because I am not contributing financially, which is too bad. I wish I could.. .

View attachment 27211

I self published Allsville Emerging with a company out of Houston Tx, Strategic Publishing Company. Self published Christian Running, and co-authored book called About Wholeness, using BookWhirl publishing, Green Bay, Wisconsin . All three were once on Amazon, but not now. Good chance they could still be ordered from the respective vanity presses.
Thanks for creating this forum. I'll look into the possibility of submitting the info to order these books.

Darrell (Mountainfaller) Moneyhon

I like it but it's a pity each entry doesn't come with it's own comment section.
In addition to what IndianRoads contributed, we don't allow comments on that Forum because it would bump threads. Eventually someone would abuse that and just keep bumping their books. Better to deal with that problem before it occurs. :)

However, I'd encourage people to start threads about the books in other areas. I'd had an idea that could happen in Reviews, but possibly people want to ask questions and initiate discussion before reading a book. Maybe we need to create a space for that to happen. I could actually see some conversations of that type being on topic in Writing Discussion ... things like "What led you to that idea" or "Why did you decide to use this style". There could be some real value in discussion about finished product over WIPs.

In addition to what IndianRoads contributed, we don't allow comments on that Forum because it would bump threads. Eventually someone would abuse that and just keep bumping their books. Better to deal with that problem before it occurs. :)

However, I'd encourage people to start threads about the books in other areas. I'd had an idea that could happen in Reviews, but possibly people want to ask questions and initiate discussion before reading a book. Maybe we need to create a space for that to happen. I could actually see some conversations of that type being on topic in Writing Discussion ... things like "What led you to that idea" or "Why did you decide to use this style". There could be some real value in discussion about finished product over WIPs.
That's an EXCELLENT idea!

I gotta say, the published books page is very well thought out; possibly the best one I've seen at any writing forums. Having it as a catalog type selection so people can't abuse it by bumps is a great idea. And the overall layout and presentation is top-notch, it looks like a professional online bookstore. Whoever put the work in to create it, you deserve a big pat on the back for a job well done.

I gotta say, the published books page is very well thought out; possibly the best one I've seen at any writing forums. Having it as a catalog type selection so people can't abuse it by bumps is a great idea. And the overall layout and presentation is top-notch, it looks like a professional online bookstore. Whoever put the work in to create it, you deserve a big pat on the back for a job well done.
Thank Jim (vranger) and Darren especially for that - a lot of it was their idea. And of course none of it would have come together without Gumby, Pip, and Velo. I'm pleased and excited beyond measure with what they created.