Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Well... hi, then?.. (1 Viewer)

U

Unicorn

I'm Unicorn and I'm here to gain some experience in writing and expressing myself in English (which is not my mother tongue).

There are some very little and mostly sad drafts in my notebooks, about 10 years old for now.

At the moment I have a very little idea on what I'd like to write about and a huge idea on what I'd like not to write. I guess my style is not perfect and there's always place for improvement, so I hope to hear constructive criticism on the stories I plan to publish here.

Thanks beforehand to those who'd help me :)

mi is happy

Helo and welcome! If you need some help or anything we will be happy to help you out (well most of us.....). I wish you good luck and have fun!

Shinn

Hi there and welcome to Writing Forums, Unicorn. I hope that you have fun here with us! :)

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the community, Unicorn. A little tip? If you want critiques, you have to give 'em. It's great to have you here. Enjoy!

Nickie

WF Veterans
Hello to you Unicorn, and welcome to the forum. English is not my native language either, but I'm quite used to it now. Communication is what helps you a lot!

Nickie

U

Unicorn

Well, I am using English day and night for the last 7 years already, so I hope I'm not that bad in it, really.

And I've got a question - which version of English is mostly used here, on the Writers Forum - British or American? Thanks for clue beforehand! :)

U

Unicorn

Ok, it's easier then - typing one to three letters less in every second word! ;)

The only real English is British and Commonwealth ;)
Although I understand that the American dialect is growing rather popular on these newfangled interwebs. :)

Welcome to the forum.