Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Welcome to the WF Blog - Posting Rules and Guidelines (1 Viewer)

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
WF_Logo__300px.png

Welcome to the WritingForums Blog which is an outlet for free creative expression, a platform where you can spread your wings and talk about the things that interest you, share poetry, fiction, non-fiction, writing articles, publishing advice, book reviews etc. When you create a new blog post there are several categories to choose from. If additional categories are needed, please let us know and we will review your suggestion.

Blogging is an opportunity to add interesting content to the site and to show off what our writers can do. We would like Writing Forums to be the best writer's site on the web so the rules and guidelines that keep the content of the rest of the site to a higher standard also apply to the blogs.

For anyone wishing to blog about other topics or without quality, there are other blogging sites on the web. The WF blogs should be used as a creative tool especially when it comes to journals. They are not to be used as a social gathering site of one-liners and drivel such as content posted on Twitter and Facebook. The WF blog is for serious artistic expression intended to elicit appropriate responses related to the author's content.

If you are writing a journal about depression, life or indeed anything else, it should be done with journalistic integrity. Posts can be social in the fact that it is a writers social gathering place related to writing issues dealing with creative expression.

We have invested in one of the best author blogging platforms on the web so for writers who wish to join us, we look forward to blog entries that are engaging and that we can be proud to say are part of Writing Forums.

All new blog posts are moderated pending approval. Blog content that does not meet the above standard will be removed.

As well as individual posts, each blog has the option to create pages and series. We are currently reviewing these features to see how they can best benefit our members. More on these to follow.

Posting Rules
  • Only Senior members, Veterans, FoWF (Friends of WF), Financial Subscribers and Financial Patrons will have posting access to the WF Blog
  • All new posts are automatically moderated pending approval. This may take up to 24 hours
  • Only two blog posts per 24 hour period. If you post more they will be held in the moderation queue pending publication.
  • No politics, obscenity, paedophilia, incitement to criminal activity, Snuff fiction, Plagiarism
  • Titles should be G rated and mature content must include a disclaimer
  • Images must either be your own or for free to use. Check copyright before posting. Members are responsible for the images they upload and for potential copyright infringement issues. * See list of suggested sites below.
  • No one-liners. This is not FB or Twitter

Comments
Please remember to support blog members by engaging with their content.

Tips
Do use engaging titles
Don't forget to add tags
Finally, please spread the word and share WF blog content on social media!

Any questions or suggestions please leave them in the comment box below.

* websites with some 'free to use' images. Do take a moment to check any copyright restrictions before downloading and always credit the artist in your blog post.

Unsplash : The internet’s source of freely-usable images.
Pixabay : Stunning free images & royalty free stock . (Don't forget to check the licence before downloading)

bazz cargo

Retired Supervisor
I have been pondering an idea about using the blog to write a fictional diary. I wonder if I can post links to it on social media?

Reactions: PiP

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
I have been pondering an idea about using the blog to write a fictional diary. I wonder if I can post links to it on social media?
Yes, you can create a fictional diary and then share it on social media. All we ask is that the blog posts are quality in content. :) We see so many one-liners on Twitter/and or FB.

For example, I wrote a fictional diary >here>.

Well, not quite a diary ... but you get the drift. The places and situation are real but I am a fictional character of 40 years ago haha...

and I wrote a real-life diary about adjusting to the 'New Normal' > here

We'd love you to join us, Bazz :)

Phil Istine

WF Veterans
Satire can be fun to write, and by its nature it tends to lampoon reality. I'm guessing that's okay so long as it doesn't lampoon identifiable real-world people?
'Who said "Johnson"?'
'Nope, wasn't me. Must have been a voice from inside that £30k, solid mahogany wardrobe.'

Reactions: PiP

bazz cargo

Retired Supervisor
Satire can be fun to write, and by its nature it tends to lampoon reality. I'm guessing that's okay so long as it doesn't lampoon identifiable real-world people?
'Who said "Johnson"?'
'Nope, wasn't me. Must have been a voice from inside that £30k, solid mahogany wardrobe.'
Fridge Boy and The Bullshitters greatest hits. Featuring five number twos:
My Hands in your Pockets,
Ignore our Tax Evasion,
It's all The homeless Peoples Fault,
Racism is The New Zeitgeist,
and Money Before People.

Darkkin

WF Veterans
I have two blog posts awaiting admin/moderator approval...and have been for nearly two weeks. Could someone please look into the situation? Wondering if I just got lost in the aether.

Last edited:

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Regarding the use of pictures: Please take a moment to read 'Copyright Primer' by sigmadog