Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

• Short maintenance tonight at 12AM EST June 15, 2021. The site will be offline for a bit while we perform some upgrades.

Weirdest speculative fiction? (1 Viewer)

JLrep

Reading a lot of Theodore Sturgeon has led me to ask the question, what's some of the weirdest or most unique (bust still decent) speculative fiction / fantasy / sci-fi that's out there? Technically Sturgeon used mostly well-known ideas, such as a man getting three wishes, gaining the ability to see ghosts, contacting an intelligence that lives in the fourth dimension, etc., but he often managed to tell his stories in a profoundly weird way. Aside from him, my slight knowledge doesn't lend me many examples, except for perhaps I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream.

simon woodhouse

H.P. Lovecraft fits this description for me. I've only recently started reading his stuff, but it's easily the creepiest/weirdest writing I've come across. But it's also excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread