Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

WARNING!. Do NOT Engage With This Message (1 Viewer)

TheMightyAz

Mentor
If you received a message ending with:

'I am sorry I have to stop here because I am getting weak, this is the longest message I have wrote in a while now, stay blessed.'

Do not under any circumstances engage or donate anything via the email provided. This is emotional blackmail.

Added by Vranger:

There was a Nigerian scam style letter posted on the site, which Az reported and your Mod staff removed as spam. Az is concerned that someone might read such a scam, either through a PM here, or a personal email outside of the site. It is correct that you should never respond to financially focused email, even from friends, since their email or social media may be spoofed. Any financial transactions via email should be preceded by direct contact with someone you know, trust, and have verified.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xander416

Please no one take this as an offence, but these Nigerian scam emails have been going around for so long that I'm shocked there's still anyone out there who would be fooled by them.

Phil Istine

WF Veterans
Apparently, the police in London broke into a flat owned by a Nigerian guy and found him dead. The place was filled with banknotes from floor to ceiling and a computer was switched on pumping out emails. He had been trying to give away the money for years but no-one would take it.

Xander416

Apparently, the police in London broke into a flat owned by a Nigerian guy and found him dead. The place was filled with banknotes from floor to ceiling and a computer was switched on pumping out emails. He had been trying to give away the money for years but no-one would take it.
Dang, maybe I shouldn't have ignored him all these years. 😂

bazz cargo

Retired Supervisor
Maybe it is because of the long time we spent quarantining, but there seems to be an epidemic of scams at the moment.