Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Warmest greetings! (1 Viewer)

Travalgar

Hi, all. New here.

Recently, I've rediscovered my love for the writing hobby. I intend to keep this flame burning for as long as I can (preferably for life), so I decided to join communities of the like-mindeds to help me motivate myself to complete my goals. Frankly, as long as I have enough reason to write ANYTHING every day, I'll be good!

I noticed that there are no genre-specific subforums here in WritingForums.com, or am I just missing it? What are the genres people of this forum mostly specialize in?

Kindly requesting for your guidances!

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hello! And welcome to the forum. There are a lot of different genre writers here. I can't say that one is more predominant than another. What genre do you prefer to write?

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
I'm very partial towards the Science-fiction and Fantasy genre, but also seeking discussions on the broader, more general topics of writing as well.
Then you have come to the right place. Check out our Writing Discussion Forum. I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

Lawless

I noticed that there are no genre-specific subforums here in WritingForums.com, or am I just missing it?

I hope I won't get banned for this, but my best guess for answering your questions is there are not enough users to justify creating genre subforums.

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
I hope I won't get banned for this, but my best guess for answering your questions is there are not enough users to justify creating genre subforums.
The Workshop works with prefixes instead of subforums, which works like a charm and is better than subforums. You can add multiple prefixes to one story. Something you cannot do with subforums.

TheMightyAz

Mentor
Welcome aboard! As far as forums for specific genres, you won't find that here. Other forums have each genre separated but what you'll find happening is most of those forums see very little activity. That creates a situation in which the writer (in this case you) begins to write content for the more active sub forums or worse, for the forum itself. With it all in the same place (Writing Workshop area) everyone has the same chance of exposure, which is better for you and everyone concerned. :)

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hi, all. New here.

Recently, I've rediscovered my love for the writing hobby. I intend to keep this flame burning for as long as I can (preferably for life), so I decided to join communities of the like-mindeds to help me motivate myself to complete my goals. Frankly, as long as I have enough reason to write ANYTHING every day, I'll be good!

I noticed that there are no genre-specific subforums here in WritingForums.com, or am I just missing it? What are the genres people of this forum mostly specialize in?

Kindly requesting for your guidances!
Glad to have you here - beware though... writing can quickly move from being a hobby to an obsession.