Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Wanted: Sublime Dialogue (1 Viewer)

Pawn

Patron
Good morning, afternoon or evening.

As a film student, I'm looking for something to film. I will keep my eye out in this forum for work which arouses my interest... However, if any of you budding screen or stage writers has a not too lengthy piece of dialogue that you feel might make an interesting short film, then don't hesitate to contact me or reply here.

Ta.

Ozmandius

Hiya Pawn,

I'm a screenwriter in Orlando and work a lot with student films from time to time. Give me a rundown on your requirements and I'll see what I can dig up for you. I do specialize in comedy though, and find that it goes over the best at film festivals since most of them are swamped with Quentin Tarintino clones.

Toodles,
Oz

Pawn

Patron
Cool.

If I was to do a comedic piece I'd need actors who could pull it off! Ideally, something simple, something profound. Anything thought provoking but real - they're conversations seldom had, but worth rewriting.

8)

Ozmandius

I need a little more information from you, guy. What's your time frame? When do you need it and how long does it need to be? Most film schools have a size limit on student films. I need to know what your boundaries are. Do they frown on swearing and controversial topics, or do you have a blank check? What's your budget? Do you want effects or a dialogue/character driven piece.

I can write anything you want and make it shine, but I need some guidelines on where to start. And don't worry about it being comedy or not. Although that is what I specialize in, I am well versed in most genres and have done everything from horror, to hard drama.

One side note: Helping student films is one of my pet projects so I am very keen to help you (we do quite a number through the year here in Orlando). I just need to know where to start. Being schooled in journalism I am used to very short turn around times so I can write something up in a very short timespan. Just let me know what you want. But as the director it's your responsibility to let me know what you need. As a writer, it's my job to deliver exactly what you want.

One other note: One thing I seem to be particularly good at is taking someone else's idea and making something filmable out of it. I take the director's ideas as a springboard and run with them. To date, I've never let anyone down and everyone I've worked with has been extremely happy.

PPS. If any of this is a little unintelligable, it's because I have a splitting migraine and have just finished off a quart of vodka. I'm a little blurry now but I think I got the point across.

Toodles, Oz

DRink up boyzz// he. hye.s hes.

oopps.

Pawn

Patron
Forgive me for allowing this thread to completely escape my mind. I will PM you forthwith.