Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Up-to-date info on airline stewardesses...er, flight attendants? (1 Viewer)

ehbowen

So for the next installment I'm plotting out right now, I'd like to put one of my angel characters into the human world as a flight attendant, presumably for British Airways...very free to move about. I think that I can make the angel side of her character believable, but what about the professional side? Where could I go for recent information about life, both personal and professional, in the airline industry? It's been a while since the day of the "Coffee, Tea, or Me?" gals! [Edit To Add: Which I now see were ghost-written and largely fictitious...why am I not surprised?]

For what it's worth this is being set in a kind of alternate reality, and COVID isn't part of it at all...so I'm looking mainly for pre-COVID material.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
There are some good shows/movies:

HBO: The Fligth Attendant (2021)

Netflix: Larry Gaye: Renagade Male Fligth Attendant (2015)

Netflix: Flight (2012) (This one is a true story)

Prime Video: Flight Plan (2005)

Netflx: View From The Top (2003)

Akso a recent Novel: The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian (2018 )

This is a list provided by a flight attendant - Best Flight Attendant Books:

https://www.thesegoldwings.com/flight-attendant-books/

Looks like there is quite a bit out there. Have fun with it!

JBF

Staff member
Board Moderator
Came here to suggest Around the World in a Bad Mood (incidentally, one of the titles listed in Taylor's link).

I'm somewhat removed, having read it a couple of years back, but I recall thinking it was pretty good. My memory is hazy as to whether it goes into the post-9/11 era...the publish date would suggest not. No idea if that's of any relevance.