Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Unsure of myself, but willing to try. (1 Viewer)

H

Heathmalc

I am 37 years old and have been writing since I was 17. But there's a catch:
I've never tried to get anything published.

I've wanted to, but I've always found a reason why not to let anyone (publishers) read my work. Usually I use the same reasoning: I'm not good-enough. But the real reason is fear of rejection...perhaps it's easier for me to not know, than to be rejected and know for sure that I'm not good-enough.

Well, I finally found a reason to push myself, and that is why I have joined this forum. The reason that I found is not as simple as, I have a new son, or anything that I can put into words at this point in my membership, but I will say that the reason is also the cause of me writing a non-fiction book.

Ironically, I never have written anything non-fiction until now, and after this is done and published I may never write non-fiction again--although I plan to still write fiction-- Go figure.

Anyway, I thought that I'd say hello to everyone and go from there.

Hello.