Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Typos for fun (1 Viewer)

Serendipity

I handed my boss, an attorney named Stuart, a telephone message saying that our client was running late for his appointment to come in and go over his divorce papers with his soon-to-be ex-wife.

“I’ll be there in a few minutes," Mr. Ulmer said from the pay phone that he was calling from. "If my wife gets there before I do, tell her that I’m on my way!”

“Got it, Mr. Ulmer,” I said. “I’ll give Stuart the message right away.”

A few minutes later, Stuart approached my desk, waving Mr. Ulmer’s telephone message in the air and with a perfectly straight face made the following inquiry:

“Is this to be construed that the Ulmers have reconciled?”

“Why?” I asked.

He handed me the message.

Instead of typing, “Mr. Ulmer is on his way,” I had typed:

"Mr. Ulmer is on his wife!”