Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Two Lies and One Truth (2 Viewers)

Sinister

Simple concepts are the best. Like the title says, tell two lies and one truth. The next poster says which they think is the truth and tells their own two lies and one truth. If they get it right, let them know with a like. If they get it wrong, let them know with a sad face.

For example:

I was born with red hair.

I cannot drink beer because I find it disgusting.

My bedroom walls are pink.

Your move, next poster. Your move.
-Sin

TuesdayEve

Friends of WF
you think beer is disgusting

1. I’m on a train traveling to Michigan
2. I had a petticure this morning
3. I don’t understand all the excitement about the Olympics.

Sinister

I'm stumped, so you know what... Shot in the dark time, you don't understand the hype over the Olympics. And If that's it...well, I kinda get it.

(Also, for reasons I'm not clear on, my bedroom is pink)

I love travelling to Texas.

I love eating Pears.

I can't write in cursive.

-Sin

Last edited:

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
So, you can't write in cursive. Ha!

I voted for Brexit
I like cheese
I don't like beer

You don't like cheese but you do like beer. Which is only as it should be.;)

I dined with a historical figure at a writing convention a few years ago.
I was initiated into a Texas motorcycle gang in my 20s (I am British).
I have survived a plane crash - also in my 20s. Walked away without a scratch.

Sinister

I'm tempted to go for the long odds on the motorcycle gang...but... I'm guessing you dined with a historical figure.

In college, I smoked but did not inhale, Bill Clinton-style

I had a wolf friend that would go to my door and howl until I would come out and play with him.

I am a Goth and used to go to clubs to hear my favorite bands perform live.

-Sin

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
I'm tempted to go for the long odds on the motorcycle gang...but... I'm guessing you dined with a historical figure.
Ah - it was actually the descendant of a historical figure I dined with. With whom I dined. Dined with said descendant twice actually, but the actual HF is long gone. And I survived a mere burst tire on take off while piloting a small aircraft. It was all jolly japes. Frankly, I've had more troubling tricycle accidents. I've had worse hangnails.

Still haven't got a motorcycle though:)

I had a wolf friend that would go to my door and howl until I would come out and play with him.

-Sin
Hmm. I seem to recall you said you were a young'un in the 50s, so ... smoking without inhaling might have actually been common-ish practise then. But it would all predate the goth scene somewhat. But then again old goths never die. And your name, it's quite ... deathy.

You know what? I'm going with the wolf. You had a friend called Somebody Wolff as a kid and they would play up to the name.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
BD forgot to post more so I'll guess Sin's too.

-Sin
I'll go for the Goth.

1. I played hockey as a kid
2. I love watching reality TV
3. My first car was a Porshe

Last edited:

Sinister

Planes terrify me. Not so much the soaring in the air as it is trapped with several dozen people in a tight space. So kudos on your survival, even if it was all just a technical crash. You did better than I would.

Alas, It's Taylor who got it right. Been to many clubs and seen many a band. Cruxshadows was the last one I went to and that was nearly 5 years ago. And to lend that some credence, I'm a tender sapling of only 35 years. And although my uncle did raise and release a coyote pup that turned out to be a good friend, he was not a wolf. Also, to quote Barrack Obama: "Yes, I inhaled, that was the point." lol Love that quote.

Taylor, I want good things for you. I really want number 3 to be true, despite the insurance. And I definitely want number 2 to be false... So, I'm going to split the diff and say 1?

I'm going to just guess and let someone else go next, mainly cause I can't think up two more lies at the moment. ^^;

-Sin

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
1: I have a shaved head
2: I am short
3: My thumb is as long as my forefinger
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this so I'll refrain from answering, but it does prompt me to ask the following slightly odd question, which has been bugging me:

Were you in Scunthorpe Asda on Saturday?

Sinister

I'll make up for last time and lie twice instead of guess. So here we go...

I successfully created an inermis(thornless) variety of an Osage Orange(Maclura pomifera).

I fenced competitively and earned a rating of B10.

Bloody Mary is my all-time favorite cocktail.

How's that for whiplash?
-Sin

Last edited:

NajaNoir

I will say…..
you do not play the piano……
but wish you could.

1. I’m late for an appointment
2. Breakfast was 3 big pretzels
3. I still have to clean out the back seat
Correct on both counts. Would have been nice to have learned.
I'm going to guess...that you didn't have an appointment.

I taught one of my cats to call me mama.
I love New York pizza.
I wear contacts

TuesdayEve

Friends of WF
NajaNoir,
I say your lie is number 2, only because its true for me…you really dislike NY pizza.

1. I would rather watch a good movie than read a book.
2. I’ve tried, but I’m not good at sewing.
3. Math is second nature to me.