Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Tom Clancey (1 Viewer)

DEIfan4life

I really enjoy anything by Tom Clancey. I find that he has a good style to his writing and can keep a person reading. I've read just about all of his book, but when they turned the book," A Sum of All Fears" into a movie; it was nothing like the book. I found the book to be better.
Right now I'm reading the Net Force books. They are about the Goverment setting up an agency that deals with the Internet.

Mungye

I have never read anything by Tom Clancey, only about his astounding 007 type life.
Can you recommend something that isn't too hard to get into , as many people that like him have told me he is very wordy and his work can get exhausting to really get into. But that is them.
He does write rather big fat stories doesn't he?

DEIfan4life

If you ever watched the movies, The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger, or Patriot Games...they are books that Tom Clancey wrote that were made into movies. Enjoy.

Mungye

I watched all of them and thus was intrigued. But they cut out like a kazillion pages don't they!
By the way your avy is totally adorable.

DEIfan4life

FYI....If you don't read the other books, it would be hard to follow who John Kelly is; and why he became Jack Rayn's personal bodyguard. Most of Tom Clancey's book go in order, so to fully understand the story, you'll need to read them all.

Fantasy of You

i hated rainbow 6.. it was terrible :eek: it must be the worst book i have ever read lol.. i am surprised people are entertained by them

Avarice

his works are very long, but the action is great, but again, its very bloated and just like stephen king, you stick with the old stuff if you want quality, the rest is bloated. mungye, whats his 007 type life?