Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Tipping Point (1 Viewer)

Jk_Sl

Just to suggest indecision, esc. A state of mind - hovering over a problem.

You're right, J. Either way, we are all at the mercy of joint thinking here.

You’re so right, maybe if you had said you loved me with more sincerity then we’d not be at this point.
Tell me you mean it so we can step back from this ledge.

Jk obviously [emoji4]

Thank you Jen.

J.

Annie. Marie

Yes, that stage between before and after is fleeting but a very anxious one. The only edit I would suggest is changing "on" to "over".
Good job!

-Annie

jenthepen

Staff member
Mentor
Yes, that stage between before and after is fleeting but a very anxious one. The only edit I would suggest is changing "on" to "over".
Good job!

-Annie

Thanks, Annie and sorry about the tardy reply. I get your preference for 'over' - it certainly suits hover better. My choice was influenced by trying to preserve the format of 5-7-5 syllables in the lines, nothing more.

On a general note, I thought, when I posted this, that the conversation would be about 'before and after what?' Honestly, I left the enigma deliberately, hoping that it might lead to thoughts of global warming, Trump, life and death, coronavirus ... I hadn't even considered the question of relationships. I guess I'm getting old. :friendly_wink: