Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Three Musketeers (1 Viewer)

knglerxt

I read the first chapter and put it down. I just couldn't get into it. I just don't like the older writing styles.

VinrAlfakyn

I've read it, it's been a while, but I really enjoyed it. I've been meaning to read it again and then go on to "The Man in the Iron Mask", but I haven't got around to it yet.

The Hooded One

One of my favorites of classic lit. And if you enjoyed then book they did do a very good job on the movie The Man In The Iron Mask.

J

JPBurns

I liked The Three Musketeers and The Man in the Iron Mask, but Dumas' best book is The Count of Monte Cristo in my opinion.

Salad

The Three Musketeers was a fun book, and brilliantly written. Very colorful. But I agree with JP Burns that The Count of Monte Cristo is his best work- it is more philosophical, and talks about important aspects of life, where The Three Musketeers is intense and steeped with excitement and intrigue. Dumas is one of my favorite writers.

Sir Jorah

I enjoyed reading "The Three Musketeers". It was a fun book to read. I haven't read any of Dumas' other books, but perhaps someday I will. The movie, on the other hand, was pretty bad, even though Keifer Sutherland was in it. Even his brilliance could not make that movie good. The Man in the Iron Mask movie was pretty cool though. I hate how they almost always say D'Artagnan with an American accent... It's French! Say it properly, damnit!! Gah!!

Amour

I loved the musketeers, of course, and I loved Monte Cristo. Great stuff. I would probably agree that Monte Cristo is his masterpiece. Though I'm curious: have you all read the abbridged versoin, or the "full" text? I was really surprised when I found the extra 400 pages or so, haha.

VinrAlfakyn

I love The Count of Monte Cristo! It's one of my favorite books. I've actually read both the abridged and unabridged versions. I liked both of them.

~Kouryuu~

OMG! Dumas is one of my favourite authors of all time!! ^_^ The Three Musketeers has to be one of the three books I've take with me to a desert island!! I'm sure I just couldnt be without it!!!

I think what I love about it the most is the way Dumas speaks to the reader..

"And so our young hero ..." (or similiar so words!) Brilliant!!! Makes me admire d'Artagnan and feel his adventure even more!

“Why, it is with him I am also going to fight,” said Porthos.

“But not before one o’clock,” replied D’Artagnan.

“And I also am to fight with this gentleman,” said Aramis, coming in his turn onto the place.

“But not until two o’clock,” said D’Artagnan, with the same calmness.

*laughs quietly to herself* xD