Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Thoughts: The End of Something Beautiful (1 Viewer)

Immortal

I never did like it, high school. Or, at least I said I didn't like it. The truth is, now that I've graduated, I don't want to leave it. It's the only world that I know. Despite the random malicious acts fueled by immaturity that occur in high school, I've come to call it home. I don't want to leave my home. I don't want to leave my family, Class of 2007. But, I must move on. A new part of my life is beginning. A beautiful part of my life has ended. Memories are all that remain.

I'm afraid to go into the unknown feeling naked, having few friends who journey into the same unknown. Even though I could keep in touch with the many friends who are miles away, it is not the same as having them nearby. It is not the same as being able to get together at whim.

Summer is like that long, innevitable goodbye. I know it is coming, but I can't stop it. So, I hold on to it. I try to make as many memorable moments as possible. I could have thousands of memories, but it wouldn't be enough. Why is that?

After my college years, my predicament will be the same as the present. Families will once again be severed by life's continuous push towards the future. I wonder how many friends from high school will still be in touch by that time. I don't want to think about it.

I just want to live today. That's all we are promised, right? Today is all we have. So, I will live in the moments of the present, not in the past of the future. Instead of trying to make memories, I'll let life abritrarily pick what moments become memorable. I'll just enjoy the ride into the future, the constant unknown.

I have been feeling this "end of something" lately, too. And I came to a simple but profound realization that the end is the beginning of something new.