Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

This Woman (1 Viewer)

TheMightyAz

Mentor
This Woman

This woman trips into me,
hair licks a hungry neck,
her legs the distance between
the floor and what I want,
her eyes the opiate
the till, the change.

Fingers flutter like moths
about the snap of a purse...
Eyes searching,
smile welcoming

'Hello,' I say

'Didn't I see you earlier?'
lips slip, stumbling over the truth,
each letter uttered with sweet guile,
mouth left parted a tooth width --
my wallet flip,
the contract,
signed.

I breath an hour into her ear,
an apple with the pips nipped,
leaving the sweetness not the mud.
she sinks knowingly,
eased by familiarity,
cradled in a moment
lived before.

happy-hippie

Easy read. Very Smooth Flow. I like the rhythm.
Seduction? I am not a professional so i'm just sharing my impressions: I see a prostitute doing her job. In case you're wondering, 'the wallet flipped', and the contract was signed- a passionate description of somthing mechanical(?) Am I way off?
I tried...

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
This Woman

This woman trips into me,
hair licks a hungry neck,
her legs the distance between
the floor and what I want,
her eyes the opiate
the till, the change.

Fingers flutter like moths
about the snap of a purse...
Eyes searching,
smile welcoming

'Hello,' I say

'Didn't I see you earlier?'
lips slip, stumbling over the truth,
each letter uttered with sweet guile,
mouth left parted a tooth width --
my wallet flip,
the contract,
signed.

I breath an hour into her ear,
an apple with the pips nipped,
leaving the sweetness not the mud.
she sinks knowingly,
eased by familiarity,
cradled in a moment
lived before.

What a way to make a dramatic entrance !!!! Welcome to the fabulous Poet's Showcase ;)

This poem is everything I love about poetry... unique and original...
you are skilled at leaving much unsaid, giving this powerful poem a sense of intrigue and mystery...Your opening stanza is fierce and a story all on its own...thank you for sharing ;)

TheMightyAz

Mentor
Easy read. Very Smooth Flow. I like the rhythm.
Seduction? I am not a professional so i'm just sharing my impressions: I see a prostitute doing her job. In case you're wondering, 'the wallet flipped', and the contract was signed- a passionate description of somthing mechanical(?) Am I way off?
I tried...

Some people crave love and are willing to pay with their soul to find it. They do not know the difference between a one night stand and well earned admiration. We all pay if we get it wrong ...

ritudimrinautiyal

Some people crave love and are willing to pay with their soul to find it. They do not know the difference between a one night stand and well earned admiration. We all pay if we get it wrong ...

Wow!!! what a level of sensitivity. That distinguished observation of sensitivity, really makes a poet, a poet.
Keep writing.
Good luck
Ritu