Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

This is the year (1 Viewer)

B

Birdiemom

that i finish my book, and get it edited, polished and maybe even published.

I live in Ontario, Canada and we just got 3 feet of snow dumped on us ... no excuses ... the weather is the pits, it's too cold to be outside (even for my dog and she LOVES winter) ... so I'm going to use these cold cold evenings to finish it off.

A bit more about me: I love to write and have been writing for years, but never tried to do anything with it ... I have tons and tons of books (quit counting at 3500 ... but will get back to counting them again when I enter them into my database - that would be my "anal retentiveness" coming through!

I love animals and am slave to two parrots, a cat and a dog ...

take care and hope to chat with people soon.

Marion

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the community, Marion. I'm a Canadian too. Alberta, actually. Sounds like you have a petting zoo like I do. *grin* Enjoy!

B

Birdiemom

Thanks for the welcome! My genre, I think, is chick-lit, but with a mix of suspense ... basically it's about a 37 year old single female parole officer with an attitude, who just rescued an 85 pound bull mastiff from the humane society ... she has a stalker who wants her dead ...

It is not done in the gory, violent sense, but more of a scary, humerous tone.

I have about 12 chapters done, and am now stuck! I promised myself I would leave it for a week, check out writers forums on the internet, get some moral support, and go from there.

Marion

M

MooTwo

./me hands you snow shoes and a sled.
Snow is good... cold is bad. If only snow could exist without the cold...

You said: "I have about 12 chapters done, and am now stuck! I promised myself I would leave it for a week, check out writers forums on the internet, get some moral support, and go from there."

I love how you speak like writing is an addiction (And of course it is). Only writing is the good kind of addiction, right?

--(Woops. Look what you inspired...)--

Frank has just finished rehab. He steps outdoors, breathing in the cool, crisp air. Mark walks past him.
"Hey Frank! Long time no see! How you doing?" says Mark.
"Good, good," replies Frank, a bit awkwardly. He was a bit embarressed to be caught outside the rehabilitation center by his old college buddy.
"Oh! You just got out of rehab, too?" continues Mark, completely oblivious to Franks discomfort.
"You've been in rehab?" says Frank, becoming slightly less uncomfortable.
"Yep! Didn't cure me, though."
"Oh. I'm sorry. Alcohol addictions are tough to get over," says Frank knowingly.
"Alcohol? I'm not addicted to alcohol."
"Heroin?"
"Worse."
Frank looks at Mark incredulously.
"What, then, is it you are addicted to?"
"Words," says Mark cheerily, clapping the thunderstruck Frank on the back as he walks away.

Sorry... I couldn't resist.

Good luck with your story! Hope it turns out the way you want it to :-D. Don't go too long without feeding that addiction of yours... You wouldn't want to get cranky. ;)

B

Birdiemom

that was awesome! Thank you!

How much snow do you guys have Hawke? I woke up this morning to another 3 inches ... sheesh this is getting just a tad ridiculous! Mind you, my 85 pound shepherd / lab / hound is in heaven ... oops I meant HEAVEN

winner

Welcome to the forum,

This can be a supportive place. Maybe with the encouragement, this year will be the year 'it' happens. That being you get into publication.

All the best.

:smile:​

Hawke

Patron
Patron
that was awesome! Thank you!

How much snow do you guys have Hawke? I woke up this morning to another 3 inches ... sheesh this is getting just a tad ridiculous! Mind you, my 85 pound shepherd / lab / hound is in heaven ... oops I meant HEAVEN

I just looked out the back door before answering this, just to be sure. *grin*

We have about two inches of snow right now, tops; I can still see grass tips and a few brown patches. Not that we haven't had to shovel yet—we have. And it ain't over yet! My 100 lb Golden Retriever is disappointed.