Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

This is me.... (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Hey there. I'm Tim. I'm not sure what this will turn in to, if anything, but I need to get writing. I'm an English major and certified to teach secondary English so I figure I should do some writing to keep me focused. I never really thought of myself as a good storyteller, or even particularly interesting in anyway. I guess I never really started writing because I don't feel like I have anything original to say. At this point, I know I should just write about anything because I'll never be good at something if I don't actually do it. Sounds simple enough.

I teach at Annapolis High School. I've coached swimming there for 12 years now. I went to high school there. Never in a million years did I think I would be around that school for this long. I hated it there. In retrospect, it was a good school. I say was for a reason; it's not what it used to be. I love coaching there. There was a while when I wasn't sure I wanted to do it anymore, but this year has helped revitalize me a bit. I teach a class called Earn All. It's not what I want to be teaching, but it's a job. It's an at risk program that's fairly new, and the money is decent for now. I'm pretty tired right now and this is the most I've written since I finished school. Would it be way unoriginal and cliche to end this with: To be continued......?

lordofhats

Welcome. We ahve a special offer today where all new members recieve a free bag of gummi bears and a smashing hat! *Gives dude a pack of gummi bears and a hat*

iceguy303

Hey The dude,
I was looking for a post from you. Last time I searched the forum didnt find your name. Now that I know what your first name is and where you work, I can start stalking you again. (Dont freak out moderator, he's my best friend and I threaten him all the time) Anyway, if you find out how to have those little green squares to mutate and change from "Member", let me know. I have been trying to figure that out.

Good luck on catching the kid that smears poop all over the bathroom. It might be the principal. I bet no one would suspect him.

iceguy303

Another thing you were saying about not being able to write during the day, consider posting some questions about the stuff you read. I think some of the books you pick up are very interesting and I know there are profiles out there that can point you in some better directions to finding more.

The Dude

I think it would be really funny if you got kicked off here for your threatening remarks.

To everyone else: Thanks for the welcome.