Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The WF I-Sold-A-Story/Poem Thread (2 Viewers)

Dave Watson

WF Veterans
Cuttin Heads - Pre-publication horn blowing

Got the cover back for novel #3, Cuttin Heads, out real soon with Creativia. Hopefully this'll go down well with anyone who's ever been in a band, wanted to be a rock star, or just loves the myths, legends and music of rock n roll. Copious trumpet tootling to follow upon publication date!

Song to mortals, of all things the sweetest – Musaeus of Athens

Aldo Evans is a desperate man. Fired from his job, deeply in debt, struggling to balance a broken family life with his passion for music.

Luce Figura is a troubled woman. A rhythmic perfectionist, haunted by childhood trauma, scorned by a religiously devout mother.

Ross McArthur is a wiseass. Orphaned as an infant and raised by the state, his interests include game shows, home grown weed, occasional violence and the bass guitar.

They are Public Alibi. A rock n’ roll band going nowhere fast.

Gappa Bale is a sharp suited, smooth talking producer with a killer smile, a flash car, and a penchant for recording contracts sealed in blood.

When Bale offers Public Alibi a once in a lifetime chance to make all their dreams come true, caught up in a maelstrom of fame, obsession, music and murder, Aldo, Luce and Ross must ask themselves; is it really better to burn out than to fade away?

cuttin-heads.jpg

Reactions: PiP

Dave Watson

WF Veterans
Thanks Terry!

That's it live and published now folks for anyone who wants a peek. Turn it up to eleven, draw the curtains, stop your grinnin' and drop your linen!

And as always, thanks to those in the forum who helped with some of the fine tuning on this book. I salute you!

UK link

US link

Reactions: PiP

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
https://www.paperdogbooks.com/

I am Claudio J. A. Espinal in real life. The book is now going to be published and will include a story I wrote in it. This is the one I was talking about earlier. I am wondering since I work shopped it here should I erase the original thread? I edited the post and did erase the content.
The name of the anthology can be found by looking at the above link. I wish I could help promote it. The editor was real nice in helping me revise.

Last edited:

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
Thanks Pip for congratulating me for this in your reply. The forum members helped me and I appreciate the work you do here as an admin for writingforums. The members are very like-minded and I get along with everyone. I think its has encouraged me to write. I appreciate the work and support of the forum staff and even members. Especially Gohn and Chris Miller get a special thanks from me for helping me with that story. Their feedback helped immensely. Without it I wouldn't have gotten the feedback to know the story issues. Even emotional support goes a long way. It is not just feedback. You can make a difference. Just by helping to give a critique to anyone. My brother was also instrumental. He helped me with the last edits, and gave me the guidance to finish the last draft. It goes a long way back, I plan to use the same approach to write future stories. The support was immense. In addition to finding the tools and resources to start it. That's why I appreciated Chirs miller's honesty and Gohn's examples. It was a unique critique each of them gave me in response to the story. Each has a unique personality that contributed towards it.

Last edited:

moderan

WF Veterans
Sold! Contracts signed! To Dunhams' Manor Press, for In Stefan's House: An anthology of Tributes to Stefan Grabinski -- Duch Story.
To Planet X Publications -- The Forgotten God

Hey, everyone, wanted you to know that "Bones Lonely of the Triassic" from the July LM competition is getting published by Prehistoric Magazine (was very happy to find a mag that likes dinosaurs as much as me), likely in the December issue. Yeep!

Also, some poems: "The War God," which I workshopped here (thank you clark for being helpfully picky about rhythm!) is being published in Penumbric Speculative Fiction Magazine, and "cadet misplaced her brain again, sir" (workshop title was "when you left your tie tab in your locker again") is being published by Better Than Starbucks.

So much fun. This site has been amazing for writing growth. Yeep!

Users who are viewing this thread