Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The WF I-Sold-A-Story/Poem Thread (2 Viewers)

TKent

Retired Chief Media Manager
That is SOOOOOO exciting!! Way to go!!

Thanks to all the guys on here that chipped in with this one. Got my novel The Wolves of Langabhat signed up with the aptly named Wild Wolf Publishing.

Out nooooooooooooooooowwwww!

:champagne:

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
Congratulations Dave!

fireworks1.gif

laijunchen

Congratulations on selling your story. I haven't read it, but it must be good if it's going to be published. I'm very new to this site and just exploring right now, but your thread sounded both interesting and inspiring, as I hope to be published myself some day. Good luck with your work!
~Lai Jun Chen

Kyle R

WF Veterans
Thanks to all the guys on here that chipped in with this one. Got my novel The Wolves of Langabhat signed up with the aptly named Wild Wolf Publishing.

Out nooooooooooooooooowwwww!

:champagne:

Way to go, Dave! Well-deserved! :encouragement:

Kyle R

WF Veterans
Very proud to say that my short story, "Catching On", debuts in Meerkat Press' recently released Love Hurts anthology (http://www.amazon.com/Love-Hurts-Sp.../ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=).

Our WF resident, Terry Durbin, also appears in the anthology, with his original short story, "The Woman Who Sang"!

Much thanks to the tireless efforts of MP's fantastic Editor-in-Chief, Tricia Reeks! :encouragement:

Last edited:

Radrook

Yep! Persistence pays off in submissions as in all areas. Nice to get recognition for our efforts. Definitely not easy to continue after repeated rejections. I once sent some humorous material to a humor magazine and received a rejection slip with encouragement to submit more.

Never followed through and of course possibly missed out on getting an acceptance slip.

Congratulations on your success.

Dave Watson

WF Veterans
After four years of self-published, mid-table mediocrity on Amazon, and countless rejection slips from every publisher and agent in the UK, I'm mightily chuffed to see my debut novel finally find a forever home. A brand spanking new and improved edition of In the Devil's Name should be out and about this summer, courtesy of the fine people at Ringwood Publishing.

Cat

I wrote a story of our fishing fleet but it was just in a newsletter paper given to the Black Sea fishing fleet. I was not paid for it. It was 2015.

This said: (With Mamma's corrections and translated from Romanian):

This year will be the best for us! The ice began to melt earlier than normal and we were all hanging off of our rails and chopping ice away from our boats. We did do away with that hidra (nasty word) harbor pilot and we have the new one now. This is a very good sign! We know to stay away of Ukraine and Putin but do remember, Putin does not control us.

Let us go in peace as we always have, and to help each other as we always have. Many of you have seen the new Catina II and I will be also with my Papa at the helm to guide her. There will be storms and things that break but we shall always be there for those bad times for each other. With my Papa, I welcome the new season, and I hope and pray all of you shall be safe and catch more fish than your holds can allow.

Catina Patrescu and Georg Patrescu.

Terry D

Retired Supervisor
After four years of self-published, mid-table mediocrity on Amazon, and countless rejection slips from every publisher and agent in the UK, I'm mightily chuffed to see my debut novel finally find a forever home. A brand spanking new and improved edition of In the Devil's Name should be out and about this summer, courtesy of the fine people at Ringwood Publishing.

Great news. Dave!

Dave Watson

WF Veterans

Looking like the lanch will be sometime in the next few weeks, and got the final cover from the publishers last night. Me likey.

Devils_Name_Full_Cover.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread