Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The WF I-Sold-A-Story/Poem Thread (1 Viewer)

InstituteMan

WF Veterans
Thanks, TKent. And congrats to the Insitituteman!!!

Hey, good deal with the Spank the Carp acceptance, btw. That seems to be an outfit doing it the right way, and they demonstrate their good taste by whose work they accept. Congratulations!

T.S.Bowman

CoF Challenge Host
WF Veterans
Congrats Terry and IM.

Maybe one day I'll be able to say the I sold something.

It would probably help to FINISH something first. LOL

Pluralized

Black Dracula
WF Veterans
Just heard back from Story Shack Magazine -- they're going to publish "Obregon" which was a LM entry here back in July. They're even going to have an illustrator create a piece of art to accompany the story. This is the fourth story in three weeks to get accepted. Not a bad way to wake up this morning!

TKent

Retired Chief Media Manager
That is coolalicious :)

Just heard back from Story Shack Magazine -- they're going to publish "Obregon" which was a LM entry here back in July. They're even going to have an illustrator create a piece of art to accompany the story. This is the fourth story in three weeks to get accepted. Not a bad way to wake up this morning!

Deleted member 56686

Retired Supervisor
WF Veterans

Way to go, Plu

witch_5.gif

Terry D

Retired Supervisor

Good on you, Plu. Good on you.

Morkonan

WF Veterans

Outstanding! Congratulations!

spartan928

WF Veterans

Congrats Pluralized!

Optiluiz

Congrats!

I'm a real sucker for creepy dolls, and even though it wasn't an outright horror story I still liked it! :p

J.T. Chris

WF Veterans
good job, dude. i believe i had a story rejected by them before. i'm pretty positive i did.

I'm sure they rejected me once before too. Who counts rejections anymore, right? I've got too many of them and they grew overwhelming.

dale

I'm sure they rejected me once before too. Who counts rejections anymore, right? I've got too many of them and they grew overwhelming.

lol. yeah. i'm waiting for a few rejections now myself on my latest short. it puts me on edge a bit during this stage, because
i never pay attention to the "no sim subs" rule a lot of them have. so i sit here and needlessly worry about what would happen
if i got 2 acceptances at the same time.......(yeah. like that's ever happened before. ha ha)

J.T. Chris

WF Veterans
lol. yeah. i'm waiting for a few rejections now myself on my latest short. it puts me on edge a bit during this stage, because
i never pay attention to the "no sim subs" rule a lot of them have. so i sit here and needlessly worry about what would happen
if i got 2 acceptances at the same time.......(yeah. like that's ever happened before. ha ha)

LOL. It's happened to me twice. None were all the wiser about it. They were really small ezines.

dale

LOL. It's happened to me twice. None were all the wiser about it. They were really small ezines.

lol. well, the way i figure it....once my writing becomes so good i start getting multiple acceptances at once? i'll probably be thinking
"who gives a damn?" about following any rules anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread