Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The WF I-Sold-A-Story/Poem Thread (1 Viewer)

N J Xkey

Congratulations JT! Let us know when it's up :)

Edit: You already said when it's going to be up. Duh! Silly Nicky! ;)

Last edited:

TWErvin2

I signed the contract a while back, but this past week, my third fantasy novel, Soul Forge, was published by Gryphonwood Press.

Soul_Forge_Cover_for_Blogs_1.jpg

TWErvin2

Thanks KyleColorado, Terry D, and Gumby.

KyleColorado, I've been fortunate to have had attractive and engaging cover art for all of my novels thus far. :)

Pluralized

Black Dracula
WF Veterans
Just got a very nice acceptance for a piece I workshopped here called "Rope." Super thankful to the community here and excited to be getting more of my work out there into the world. It's not a tremendous amount of cash, so I can't really claim 'sold a story' but it's a legitimate online 'zine. :)

Edit: Just got another acceptance this afternoon for "Sledge." Beyond stoked right now!

Last edited:

Pluralized

Black Dracula
WF Veterans
Just got an acceptance from Every Day Fiction, saying they're going to publish "Away to Rajasthan," a piece I workshopped here (and a piece that helped improve my writing as a result). They sent me a nice in-depth review from three different editors, and will be publishing it within the next two months. Double yay!

InstituteMan

WF Veterans
Hey, Plu, where'd you send Sledge? I remember that thing creeping me the heck out! Congratulations!

On a note about me, I received a nice email from New Pop Lit accepting a story I submitted to them in one of their online sections this winter. It isn't exactly "selling" a story, but I am hoping that if I publish enough of them for free I can make money on volume . . .

InstituteMan

WF Veterans
A publishing credit is a publishing credit, In! Great walls are built one brick at a time. :encouragement:

I'm hoping, Kyle!

Regardless of how many bricks I happen to lay, I know that I have to get the first one in before I can put in the second, so I have a BOATLOAD of pieces going hither and yon. New Pop Lit was the first to get back with me, and they have been friendly as all get out, so they now occupy a special place in my little writing heart.

TKent

Retired Chief Media Manager
That is SO totally awesome!!! Which one?

Hey, Plu, where'd you send Sledge? I remember that thing creeping me the heck out! Congratulations!

On a note about me, I received a nice email from New Pop Lit accepting a story I submitted to them in one of their online sections this winter. It isn't exactly "selling" a story, but I am hoping that if I publish enough of them for free I can make money on volume . . .

Users who are viewing this thread