Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The WF I-Sold-A-Story/Poem Thread (1 Viewer)

Kyle R

WF Veterans
Thanks, glasshouse. :)

And that's very cool, bd! And thanks! Did you enjoy being on the staff there? I see that Suzanne is leaving her role as Editor-In-Chief. Kind of a bummer, as I was just starting to get to know her.

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
Thanks, glasshouse. :)

And that's very cool, bd! And thanks! Did you enjoy being on the staff there? I see that Suzanne is leaving her role as Editor-In-Chief. Kind of a bummer, as I was just starting to get to know her.

I did - it was awesome but life eventually got in the way so I had to leave. Shame that Suzanne's leaving as I think she really helps make it what it is, with very high standards (to date one of my two favourite flash piece was published there; the other originates among our own illustrious ranks and lives on FoB now :) ). I wonder who's taking over. I was in Zip Coffelt's team.

Kyle R

WF Veterans
I did - it was awesome but life eventually got in the way so I had to leave. Shame that Suzanne's leaving as I think she really helps make it what it is, with very high standards (to date one of my two favourite flash piece was published there; the other originates among our own illustrious ranks and lives on FoB now :) ). I wonder who's taking over. I was in Zip Coffelt's team.

Yes, she's a stickler and a perfectionist, from what I've seen, which I think are great qualities in an editor.

I don't know who Zip Coffelt is (I've never staffed there. I only know Suzanne through working on edits), but Zip sure is a cool name. :p

You can read Suzanne's announcement of her departure here: http://flashfictiononline.com/main/article/winds-of-change/

Care to share the links to those two pieces you mention? I'd love to read them.

And Cindy, thank you so much! :D

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
Yes, she's a stickler and a perfectionist, from what I've seen, which I think are great qualities in an editor.

I don't know who Zip Coffelt is (I've never staffed there. I only know Suzanne through working on edits), but Zip sure is a cool name. :p

You can read Suzanne's announcement of her departure here: http://flashfictiononline.com/main/article/winds-of-change/

Care to share the links to those two pieces you mention? I'd love to read them.

And Cindy, thank you so much! :D

Sire - here ya go. I've probably banged on about these elsewhere over the years. One you might recognise:

Princesses
Neugen Prime

Kyle R

WF Veterans
I sold a poem (Color is good) to Kaleidoscope magazine, January 2021 edition. So nice to get paid for a poem :)

It is read by Michael Haney:

[video=youtube_share;c5Sw5rrLNuA]https://youtu.be/c5Sw5rrLNuA[/video]

Congrats, Darren!

I enjoyed this. Listened to it a few times. I like how you gave a glimpse of a moment between two characters, and you allowed the reader's mind to fill in the gaps. Very interactive. :encouragement:

Users who are viewing this thread