Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

the use of "CONT" in a spec script (1 Viewer)

G

garofalofan

I'm not sure about this, but I heard that if your scene is more than one page, you got to use the word continue on top of the proceeding page to denote that it is part of the same scene, is this true?

Kimba

Yes. All scriptwriting programs will automatically add it to your script once it's properly formatted anyway.

mammamaia

sorry, but 'no!'... 'more's and 'cont'd's aren't used by most of the pros any more and you should disable them in your formatting program...

the only time you need 'cont'd' at the bottom of the page is after dialog that is broken up by page change... but you should do all in your power to avoid that, by breaking it up with bits of business or better arrangement of the page...

i mentor/help hundreds of aspiring screenwriters per year, so if you want to know anything else, just drop me an email...

love and hugs, maia
[email protected]

Linton Robinson

Collectiing those emails.

Disable the CON'T on your processing program, It's not necessary.

FADE IN: and EXT. NIGHT and stuff aren' necessary either, but for some reason you have to leave them in.

This is not a screenwriting site. I'd suggest you check places where screenwriters gather.