Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Tyrant (1 Viewer)

geminye

I really recommend this book for anyone that is looking for something a little more out of the mainstream. It is a bit hard to find, though half.com was where I got mine.
It's a book that has a simple premise (man with mental powers is sent to the underworld [hell] to determine the nature of death,) but it far exceeds the nature of the story by the richness of the writing, which is very dream-like.
If you like a story that doesn't follow normal expectations, and you like to be left wondering exactly what happened in the end, the Tyrant is for you.

geminye

Michael Cisco. I learned about him from Realms of Fantasy Magazine. I was really blown away by his writing style. He has another book called The Divinity Student, but I am, as of yet, unable to find a copy at a reasonable price.

I have read a reasonably wide variety of books (Dune, Watership Down, Stardust, Fight Club, ect.,) and i definately put this up there with my favorites!!!