Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Thursday Next Series (1 Viewer)

RebelGoddess

The four books in the series by Jasper Fforde (Yes, 2 Fs) are (in order):

The Eyre Affair
Lost in a Good Book
The Well of Lost Plots
Something Rotten

This is by far the best series I have ever read. The world that Jasper Fforde creates is not unlike our own, but it has all these amazing little twists.

The best one?

The protagonist can jump inside books!

This is a definte must-read for anyone who loves books and loves to read "behind the scenes" ideas of how the plot in a book came to be (think Wide Sargasso Sea for Jane Eyre).

I'm awful at explaining plots, especially these plots because I love them so much and get so excited that I tend to just praise, but these books are great.

I'd defintely check the out.

The first one's a bit difficult to get through the firs time because Jasper just drops you into the world without going into extreme back story, but it's worth it.

I'll stop raving now : )

Racheal

Users who are viewing this thread