Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Secret Garden (1 Viewer)

I know this might sound stupid but i think even though The Secret Garden is a childrens book i feel it is a magical, enchanting and most importantly uplifting story. Its one of my favourite books.
Does anyone else agree with me?

salad days

I love The Secret Garden! I think just because it's a children's book doesn't mean that grown ups can't like it. Heck, I still adore The Last Unicorn by Beagle and The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. =)

The Secret Garden was also the first movie (well, either that or Free Willy) that my dad ever took me to as a little girl.

VinrAlfakyn

I love The Secret Garden. For the longest time I didn't know there was a book, I would just always watch the movie. But I finally got the book, and I really loved it. I don't care what type of book it is, a good book is a good book.

Last edited:
cool, i'm glad other people enjoy it other than kids and its not just me. To be fair I still enjoy lots of books that are supposedly intended for children. I reckon i must just be a big kid at heart.

lisajane

I generally don't read much children's books, and though I haven't read the Secret Garden in a long time, I love the novel. Amazing and enchanting.

Capulet

I found it amazing how Bruce Springsteen could condense the book into a couple verses, and then play it to music. It definately deserves to be on his greatest hits album.

Xion Night

I'm still a kid and my favorite book is The Phantom Tollbooth :)
I don't remember much about The Secret Garden except that I began reading it with expectations of something girly that a manly man like me shouldn't like, and when I finished I was like "Dude, that was good!"

P&Pfan

The Secret Garden and Little Princess are my fave books, althow i'm an adult, the childrens classics are still my faves, they inspire mt to write!

D

Dr. Malone

Yeah, I read Secret Garden three or four times when I was little. It's amazing. I remember the emotions it would stir up inside me. Not many books can do that.
Where the Red Fern Grows is another one.

booker41

I'm still a kid and my favorite book is The Phantom Tollbooth :)
I don't remember much about The Secret Garden except that I began reading it with expectations of something girly that a manly man like me shouldn't like, and when I finished I was like "Dude, that was good!"

HarmsGirl

So with you, davetherave. Its one of my favourites and I re-read it this year to use in an assignment -- hehe I love any excuse to read...actually I don't need any excuse. I love it so much, I'll probably know it by heart one day

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Another book I read to my daughter when she was little, she hated it , we kept reading a little bit more just to see if anything would happen and it never did so at her insistence we gave up in the end. I read the ending for myself to see what would happen and found it deathly dull and entirely predictable.

shraga

I liked the secret garden although I liked The Little Princess and Little Lord Fauntleroy more

ThePinkBookworm

I liked Secret Garden because it is just a good story that can be read by all ages, a story that encourages good morals and encourages kids to nurture their imaginations.

I actually wrote a fan fiction story on Secret Garden as a romance story between Mary and Collin. It was the second story I ever wrote and I enjoyed writing a story about such a wonderful book.

Just my thoughts,

:read:

Kayleigh7

The Secret Garden, The Little Princess (I used to imagine that I was her) and Black Beauty were my favorite books growing up. I also loved The Last Unicorn.