Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Ruins (1 Viewer)

K-P

I picked up this Scott Smith novel just the other day. I'm a slow reader, so I'm still plodding through it. But, I gotta say, it's filled to the brim with all the carnage of a Stephen King novel, but without the sloppy, meandering prose.

This book will do to plants what Jaws did to sharks.

K-P

Spoiler alert! (HIghlight below to read)

Actually, I finished the book. The ending is really anti-climactic. Ain't nothing really going but the reader waiting for each character, one by one, to die. There should have been one moment, at least one significant moment of action, when the characters at had a slim chance of escape.

Last edited:

Kane

And now that you've spoiled the ending, I suppose the rest of us won't have to find out for ourselves.

K-P

Oops. :( I think I'll put a spoiler warning at the top.

Sorry.

But, in my defense, the end is pretty obvious halfway through the book.