Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Phantom of the Opera, by Gaston Leroux (1 Viewer)

Kira the wanderer

My favorite novel of all time, practically my bible, is The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. Now, many people I know have never heard of the novel or think it is based off the play. But behind the inner genious of the hit Broadway musical and 2004 movie produced by Andrew Llyod Webber, was a wonderful novel created in the early 1900's given not nearly enough credit. Now, I'm not saying that it is the most amazing thing written but the story is, in my opinion.

From the very begining Gaston Leroux tells you, from his first line, "The Opera Ghost really did exist." And the story starts as almost a mystery, turns to a romance, and becomes a thriller. I highly recommend it to anyone in need of a great novel. Though there are some parts when he interupts the story to show proof of what was happening is an actual fact, which bothered me, the rest is an easy absorbing read.

It is very different from the musical, for those of you whom have been lucky enough to have seen it. And highly different from the 2004 movie, Starring Gerard butler and Emmy Rossum(sp?), which distorted the story a bit. To anyone who has seen either of these, you should get into the novel. I think you would enjoy it.

Has anyone here already picked up the novel?:5stars: