Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon (1 Viewer)

BeautifulDisaster

"Outlander" and the rest of Diana Gabaldon's series are amazing.

If you love time traveling, history, romance, and science, then these are the books for you! I have yet to find a better book(s) that combines history, romance, science and time traveling.

The theories and characters in her novels are mostly believable and likeable. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I know the characters intimately.

I know what I've written here has NOT done justice for these books. I can't even think of words to describe what the books are like.

If anyone has read the series, let me know what you think about them!

Questions and/or comments are welcome. :)

M

MichelleWritesStuff

I enjoyed the first books, but she tends to belabor everything. Just when you think she has to be getting to the start of the Revolutionary War any longer, she tosses another thousand pages at you.

DG is quite talented, and from comments from her I've seen, is quite aware of her talents. Years ago I posted a crit on AOL, and she ripped me a new one. ::grin::

BeautifulDisaster

Yeah, I know what you mean... some of Diana Gabaldon's books can get off to a slow start. Voyager, the third book in her series (I think it's Voyager?) is my least favorite just because of her long-windedness.

I think it's cool you posted a crit of her and she ripped you a new one! I sent DG an email once and she actually responded. I definitely wasn't expecting that! I have it saved somewhere (maybe even printed out).