Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The original farmer-philosopher (1 Viewer)

Futhark

Okay, I may not be the original, but I am a farmer, and I do tend to wax philosophical. As long as nobody holds a copyright on the phrase, though, I'll run with it.

As far as the "about me" part goes, there's not much. Like I said before, I run a small (~110 acre) farm: goats and cattle, mostly. By day, I'm an accountant-in-training. Weekends and nights, I write. Or try to. And for vacations, I like to head out to the Great Plains during late spring and storm chase a bit. So you could say I have... ah... varied interests. (You could also say that I'm horribly confused.)

My writing interests tend toward prose fiction. I have a love of strangeness, so I tend to gravitate toward the scifi/fantasy/horror trinity, though I don't really fit into any of those camps. I also have a keen interest in graphic novels (the writing part-- I can't even draw stickmen straight).

I hope to find some kindred spirits here. From what I've read so far, this bunch looks to be my type of people: opinionated, intelligent, and (most importantly) literate.

Talk to you soon!

Oh, and one last note. I'm sure you've noticed, but I just wanted to warn you. I have an addiction: parenthetical remarks. (I can't help it; I just love them.) Ack! You see?

You've been warned.

A kindred spirit! Welcome, from another recently welcomed. I have to admit I was drawn to your entrance by the name. I'm no expert on the subject, but I surely admire that anyone these days knows what in blazes the futhark is :) Kudos to you sir, and again, welcome.

Esoteric? The Futhark?
Blimey, next you'll be telling me people don't know why the alphabet is called the alphabet...!

Welcome to the forum.

Futhark

Esoteric? The Futhark?
Blimey, next you'll be telling me people don't know why the alphabet is called the alphabet...!

The "esoteric" part was meant to be a joke. My grasp of humor is a little off at 3:00 in the morning... sorry :smile: