Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1 Viewer)

k3ng

The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

If there is a thread on this awesome book, point me there.. if there isn't, I'm outraged!!

I just started re-reading last night and have to say, it's still one of my all time favourites. Most of it is just so true to life. I laughed out loud when reading the part about how grown ups are all about figures. So strangely true.. hahaha

The other thing I loved about this book was the illustrations. It tied in so well with the theme and everything. Loved it.

Anyone else adored this lovely little book?

Der_Parvenu_Meister

a french teacher, ms. Foutrez I think her name was, was teaching english in my school, the year I went mad, and before I left that gunge pit of human suffering, she actually visited my house and posted that book saying " i hope you enjoy it as much as i did" it was incredibly nice of her, I still have it but have yet to read it, it seems like a very nice story though, one of the few " happy" ones I have.

Lise

Yes, I adore this book also. I've read this book twice, firstly when I was about 10-12 years old and I didn't understand much, but the illustations amazed me.
Second time I read it several year ago and I find a lot of philosophical thougths.

Image:The_Little_Prince.jpg

I remember I heard about the book when I was young, but I didn't read it until 9th grade. I still don't understand why it is marketed as a children's book considering the message is obviously directed at adults.

September

I've heard this book is pretty awesome (Actually, I just read some comment on the inside flap of The Alchemist that said it was as good as this book). XD I absolutely LOVED The Alchemist, what's this book about exactly?

Kyrie

Despite the number of good books there's on my family's storage room, The Little Prince holds a place in my private collection within my room (along with Alice in Wonderland, Carrie, The Perfume and others)

I love to read it again and again, it's such a wonderful classic. I consider it even better than The Alchemist, but that's just my opinion.