Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

"The Law"- a Haiku (1 Viewer)

Dreyga2000

Two beasts bare their fangs
A meal too meager to share
The law absolute

Well there it is my first submission this fourm ever... :fat: I just realized I wrote senryu when I met haiku...

Last edited:

Chesters Daughter

WF Veterans
I edited your title to relflect haiku, Dreyga, and I liked this very much. Such truth! Well done, love, and welcome to the forums.

Best,
Lisa

Punnikin

Here I am, being picky again.

"Two beasts bear their fangs" Is this meant to read as "bear", as if the beasts carry their fangs around as a matter of course, or "bare", as in skinning back their lips in a gesture of aggression?

This is one of those homonyms that can be somewhat difficult to use properly because in many cases they can be somewhat interchangeable, but I did have to ask.

ahmetax

Nice haiku, Dreyga.
I only want to say that syllable count is not a simple arithmetical problem in haiku/senryu.
In Japanese, syllables are mostly short.
However in English, there are both short and long syllables.
Sometimes it is better to count a long syllable as 2 or 1.5.
My best wishes,
ahmet