Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The lady in the black dress (1 Viewer)

Clayman

There is a lady that fills a black dress
on the mountains of my heart.
My tongue edges to move and confess
yearnings of an unbroken start.

Life, the frangible game, a reprise,
the pages flood my dreams with tears.
Sipping stories of love's infant demise
has me choking on bittersweet years.

I would gladly swallow if you choose,
my love, this pear of anguish.
Life is a game we cannot really lose
since winning is a broken wish.

I confess...

-Svw

Chesters Daughter

WF Veterans
Hello dear Shawn, such a pleasure to have you back. I haven't any nits, and like Farah, loved those two lines. Adored the sentiment regarding not losing, I'll be keeping that close in memory for when times are hard. Beautiful and original imagery, as always, dug your use of the pear, also. Well done, love.

Best,
Lisa

Clayman

Thanks to both of you for reading and commenting, it has been a whie since I wrote anything so I am kinda trying to get back in the mood and mode to write hehe. Thanks for reading and enjoying!