Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Kindest Spirit: Alabama and our Oddyssey (1 Viewer)

MikeDwight

The Kindest Spirit: Alabama and our Odyssey

I'm a first time poster and new member to the forum. I'm interested in a book of the same topic. However, I'm not allowed in the appropriate sections yet like Beta Readers. What would you suggest?

Phil Istine

WF Veterans
The Kindest Spirit: Alabama and our Odyssey

I'm a first time poster and new member to the forum. I'm interested in a book of the same topic. However, I'm not allowed in the appropriate sections yet like Beta Readers. What would you suggest?

The following applies to all new people: I would suggest introducing yourself and engaging with people on the forum by joining in the writing discussions and/or providing critique for others' work (about the writing - not the subject material).

Then, once you have made ten posts, more of the forum will become visible to you and you may start posting your own creative work - but political pieces are only permitted as genuine creative work and the same applies to religious pieces too.
The ten post rule may be circumvented by paying to be a member of WF.

Once you have made one hundred posts, you will be allowed to apply for tickets to a couple of other places on the forum where the more controversial subjects may be discussed outside of creativity. Such access is a privilege rather than a right. If you ever get that far, be prepared to receive whatever you give, and possibly more. Moderation is minimal there, but remember, with power comes responsibility.

MikeDwight

I'm curious about, although I did already notice it in the Rules, all these restrictions on Political and Religious. They make together for a lot of the non-fiction environment in which people live. I'd assume that applies to having opinions on those two topics outside knowing where Alabamians live which are pretty far and different topics inbetween. Will look forward to meeting everyone in the Writing section.