Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

"The Half-Life" by Jonathan Raymond (1 Viewer)

ampersand

Hi. I recently read this book and will like to very much recommend it. It tells the story of two sets of friends, each taking place in Oregon but during different centuries. I won't get into the details, just let me say that it deals with the disappointment of a friendship betrayed and the search for a small measure of closure (since a full one is unattainable). Told from the point of view of the 'passive' partner in each case, Raymond does a fantastic job of making us sympathize with the insecurities and ambitions of the characters, their need to connect with someone, and superbly builds up to the causes and consequences of the selfish behavior of the more dominant friend. Overall a great read, both entertaining and thoughtful.

Users who are viewing this thread