Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Hack (1 Viewer)

The Hack

Hello all. I am The Hack. The name comes from the fact that I have no real training or experience in creative writing. I am a trained writer - I am trained in technical writing.

I write fiction for fun but would very much like to obtain the skill to produce something publishable one day. As is the case with most hacks, I am about 30,000 words into a first draft of a novel. I know, I know, novel writing is for neanderthals and those without the skill to write poetry, and so forth. I don't really care; I enjoy the process of developing complex plots and even more complex characters.

It should be noted that it is nearly impossible to offend me, so feel free to tell me how bad my writing is or how simplistic my prose is (you can also criticize me for ending sentences with prepositions). I take constructive criticism in stride and quickly discard the drivel from those I see as mere detractors.

Last edited:

Voodoo

Only thing I'd badmouth is your intro.

everything else seems solid.

patronizing poetry's a nono.

Oh.. what was that offensive reference?

The Hack

Only thing I'd badmouth is your intro.

everything else seems solid.

patronizing poetry's a nono.

Oh.. what was that offensive reference?

Wasn't badmothing poetry, I actually have a deep respect for those with a knack for wirting poety. I was just poking fun at my own inability to be as artistic as the poets, and the poets' tendency to point it out to me.

The (possibly) offensive reference was my use of the word "Hun" where I now have "neanderthal". I used the word in the sense of "barbarian" but then realized that in the interntional world, many use the term as a negative reference to Germans - not what I intended.

Voodoo

I've been called the Hun at school. Really, it's a laugh.

Poetry... poetry is rapidly becoming an artless art on this forum...

The Hack

Thanks Triquediqual. I have a small sample of my writing on the "critique/advice" forum. It's been there for about 20 hours and has not had a reply. Is it so boring that nobody has managed to read all 400 or so words of it? I would at least like someone to reply "it sucks". At least then I would I know that I touched someone's life today:D.

B

Baron

Welcome to the forum and I'll take time to read your post.

Rob

The Hack

Hey, Hack! :] Welcome to the forum, sweetie!

Thanks Kouryuu. It's nice to be new and have people call you "sweetie". Give it a little time and you will be using words that are a little more colorful to describe me:).

~Kouryuu~

xD Nope! I'm always cheerful!! Just ask Voodoo!!! Lol!! I like meeting new people!! And hugging them!!!! *hugs* ^_^

Good luck with your novel though!! What's it about, hun?