Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The First Man by Albert Camus (1 Viewer)

dduckett

I'll admit it. I'm a huge fan of Camus, and I love his novels. The First Man isn't a typical novel by Camus. It is written in a different style because he never finished it. Camus died in a car crash, and the book was published later by his family.

Although the style doesn't feel the same, it's an excellent novel. Camus writes a fictional autobiography using the name "Jacques", for himself. Jacques lives both a life in poverty, and a life in academics. Chapters switch back between Jacques childhood and his adulthood.

In a nutshell, I loved the novel. I would highly suggest it to those of you looking for something to read.