Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The end of the Dark Tower (2 Viewers)

B

BlueEyesInk

For anyone who's read that great series, did you feel let down by the ending, and why? I personally didn't like Roland's end, IT WASN'T HAPPY! Yeah, I knew that he proabably wouldn't have a happy ending, but the guy kinda grows on you. And I suppose starting over is all he's really good for, I donn't see him going to the gunslinger's retirement home, but he could have just died, etc. I dunno. What do you think??

:?:

Talia_Brie

Londongrey said:
This needs to be in Book Reviews.

And could probably have a big spoiler warning, as you've just fucked it up for anyone who hasn't read this book.

That was pretty careless

bobothegoat

[ot:1f56804087]
And could probably have a big spoiler warning, as you've just fucked it up for anyone who hasn't read this book.

That was pretty careless

Actually, I think a name like, "the end of the dark tower series" would be pretty appropriate. That way, people who don't want to know about the end of the dark tower series would avoid it.

Luckily, that's already the name of this thread, so disaster has been averted ;)

In my opinion at least.[/ot:1f56804087]

Stewart

bobothegoat said:
That way, people who don't want to know about the end of the dark tower series would avoid it.

And those who read it as being something totally different?

It could have implied:

• Someone asking about the book that closes the series;
  • An enquiry as to whether King has plans for more stories from its world

P

Playt

May contain spoilers.

I personally loved this Series from beginning to end. It fealt real, even though some of what happened in it was not realistic. The ending I thought was an awesome ending. I couldn't really see it ending in any other way. Of course there were thousands of possibilities, but he did not start the journey the exact same this time (he had his horn), and that gave it an ending for me. It made me believe that he eventually would finish his quest, but it still gave the feeling of how long he has been on the journey. It makes me wonder how different the times before it could have been, if any different at all.

SxThorntonxS

I never finished the series, but on a side note, Marvel Comics and Stephen King are putting out a comic book version of the series this year. Should be interesting for geeks like me

Talia_Brie

SxThorntonxS said:
I never finished the series, but on a side note, Marvel Comics and Stephen King are putting out a comic book version of the series this year. Should be interesting for geeks like me

The latest word is that this has been postponed to 2007. King as 2 books coming out this year, and he didn't think he'd have the time to commit to the comic, so it's been pushed.

I still think it will happen though, Steve seem's pretty excited about it (did you notice how I used his first name there, like I know him personally or something. I don't. Refer to comments by Gohn on my integrity :p ).