Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Dark Tower (1 Viewer)

killned3

Stephen King's Dark Tower series... what are some of your guys' opinions on this series? I'm curious to gather other viewpoints.

Adjective Ocean

Well I've read 4 of the books and am almost done with the 5th. From what I've read, I think the series is great. It has very interesting characters which I think, are well developed. Though once you start the first book, you may find yourself hating Roland, but though he's an important character the book soon shifts focus to the entire group instead of him. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. For you information, there are 7 books in the series.

Talia_Brie

For 6 books I thought this was the best work of contemporary fiction I'd ever come across, but book 7 (the final book) was a little disappointing. That being said, it was always going to be (when you get there you'll understand).

But I love King, and I loved the experience of reading all these books. It was only on looking back at book 7 that I began to doubt it. But just a sensational read with some great characters and storylines.

I really loved Wizard and Glass - that was about the high point in the series for me.

nineteen

the only SK books i've ever read. and i've read the first 5 i think. he does ramble a lot. the one with the story about the girl was torture and then got great at the end, almost had me in tears. i think the fact i've read 5 says how good they are. just some amazing books, like nothing i've ever read and i can't imaimgine anything being so good. but i got put off the 6th cause i heard it's not good.

killned3

I'm currently reading the fifth book right now. In my opinion, it is a pretty good series... though I never really knew King before this as being much of a fantasy writer. He pulls it off nicely.