Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Cunninghams (1 Viewer)

Shawn

WF Veterans
Due to the fact that I'm practically joined to the hip with my boyfriend, I've decided to do a series of shorts (really short) based on some of of my experiences with dating a complete and utter nutcase... or is it the other way around? I've edited this for readability since it's out of format. Anyway, here's the first installment:

EXT. BENJI'S CAR. DAY.

Car is driving down US 41 on the way to Lafayette, Indiana. Benji, who is driving the car, pulls into a McDonald's on the side of the road. Shawn, also in the car, is mad, Benji is red.

BENJI

I fail to see the point in your whole little

(struggles)

escapade.

SHAWN

Whoo-hoo-hoo. Big word there, Benjamin. Did it hurt?

BENJI

Stop evading the question. It was a Dairy Queen Express

(pauses )

there was ice cream. What did you expect?

SHAWN

What kind of fucking restaurant doesn't have fucking salt packets? C'mon, Benji, you've got to side with me.

Benji pulls into the drive through, rolls down the window, and leans out to listen to the employee.

BENJI

I don't care.

EMPLOYEE

Welcome to McDonald's, how can I help you?

BENJI

(looks at Shawn and frowns)

SHAWN

(smirks)
Yeah you do.

EMPLOYEE

Hello... hello? Are you still there?

BENJI
What's that look for?

SHAWN

I'm not going to have sex if you insist on going against me.

BENJI

Now see here, I will not have you holding the prospect of being sexless over salt packets.

Employee, on the other side of the microphone, hears everything they are saying. She stifles a laugh.

SHAWN

You have no choice.

BENJI

(flustered)

One day you're going to wake up in hot sheets, cold sweat, dead grandma, and crying for your mommy because you couldn't spend one measly night with your boyfriend. Now what do you want from McDonald's?

SHAWN
(smiles)

A chocolate shake. Extra salt.

BENJI

(rolling eyes)

Chocolate shake... extra salt.

Shawn

WF Veterans
Oh, I did it in Final Draft... the format is spot on in that, I just reformatted for readability.

Users who are viewing this thread