Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Borgia Bride by Jeanne Kalogridis (1 Viewer)

Just read this book. It's a historical fiction book about the notorious Borgia family of Italy, told through the eyes of an outsider, Jofre Borgia's wife Sancha of Aragon. Sancha is forced to marry Jofre by her father, the King of Naples. After the marriage, her and Jofre are summoned to Rome by Jofre's father, Pope Alexander VI. Once in Rome, Sancha realizes the sinful, treacherous ways of the Borgia family and finds herself and her loved ones tangled in their webs of intrigue, scandal, and deception.

As I said, it's a fictional book, but a lot of it is historically accurate. I had never heard of the Borgia family before I read this book. They're sometimes referred to as "the first crime family", and it's easy to see why.

I really liked it, I thought it was very, very well written. Great for fans of historical fiction or just for those who like a good, vivid story. I for one couldn't put it down.