Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The beauty of fire... (1 Viewer)

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
WIN_20201215_125610.JPGWIN_20201215_125607.JPGWIN_20201215_125647.JPGWIN_20201216_134837.JPG

Each of these Boro glass leaves are 4 to 6 inches in length, fumed with pure silver ... each one takes about 25 minutes to make... torch temp is around 1600 degrees, they are annealed in a 1150 degree kiln for 5 hours...

after they cool enough for me to touch, they are inspected, then matched with 3 more leaves, strung on thin waxed hemp cord, and strung through small holes drilled through real wood disks... Sun chasers ...not sun catchers....;)

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
awww... thanks every one! I appreciate your fabulous comments ;) Thanks to all who "liked" these pics... you guys are the first to see my new designs, so I feel more confident about putting them in my show!

TuesdayEve

Friends of WF
Wow Fire, these glass pieces are stunning! They are in collaboration with light creating their own harmony. You are a talented multi-faceted artist in the truest sense. I love all your genres!

Bruno Spatola

Immaculate. They are the closest thing to angelic I've seen in ages. It's like they are intangible and tangible at the same time; beauty that seems to shine in multiple dimensions, and the subtle flashes of colour are *chef's kiss*. They're not just pretty shapes, either, some of them look like they are twisting themselves into balletic poses. Such a sense of 'life' to them that describes motion but frozen in time. If I didn't know they were leaves, I'd swear they were heavenly creatures!

It's so clear to me these are your fire babies. It must be wonderful to conjure with flame and glass. Proper mix of magic, art, and science. So pleased to see more of your talent on show, thanks for sharing ^.^

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
You are appropriately entitled - Beauty born of fire...

Immaculate. They are the closest thing to angelic I've seen in ages. It's like they are intangible and tangible at the same time; beauty that seems to shine in multiple dimensions, and the subtle flashes of colour are *chef's kiss*. They're not just pretty shapes, either, some of them look like they are twisting themselves into balletic poses. Such a sense of 'life' to them that describes motion but frozen in time. If I didn't know they were leaves, I'd swear they were heavenly creatures!

It's so clear to me these are your fire babies. It must be wonderful to conjure with flame and glass. Proper mix of magic, art, and science. So pleased to see more of your talent on show, thanks for sharing ^.^

:tickled_pink::love_heart: Thank you ;) When we are tested, tried, and survive the flame... emerge on the other side, changed.... only THEN can our beauty be revealed, and beauty has a name... it is courage....

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Awww, thanks you guys! I have not been feeling the flame for awhile... but today is a good day...

Yes, Foxee, I am passionate about glass blowing, it is a very disciplined art, and it takes total concentration.... the torch is a demanding, hot bitch and she will burn me if she does not have my undivided attention ;) my flame is at least 1500 to 2000 degrees ....