Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Awakening (1 Viewer)

DesolateValkyrie

The Awakening by Kate Chopin is a wonderful book. I'm almost finished with it. Has anyone else read it? It's about a woman in the early nineteen hundreds who thinks her life is fine until one summer she meets a man and she realizes that she isn't really living. She abandons her family and finds herself. It's a masterpiece. I love it and recommend it to all!

rboy27

Yes, I've read it and despised it! It's on my 10 Worst Books Of All Time list. Looking at it from a historical perspective, I can respect the fact that a woman of Chopin's time wrote so openly about leaving her husband and so forth, but it was just so damned boring!

I'm not one of those people who only reads contemporary literature either and finds the classics boring, David Copperfield happens to be one of my favorite books, but this gives "classics" a bad name.