Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

The Alchemy Sagas: Bloodines-Prologue(Language) (1 Viewer)

WillWorks

Here is the Prologue to my newest novel. Back Story: Kaz Carmine is a trouble teen, his parents were murdered when he was very young, by a force that he must learn, Alchemy. Throughout the Carmine family, Alchemy is an Art and a Science, it's the family's job to protect the secrets until the time it is needed. This is a four book series, each year of Kaz's high school life. Location: Chicago, IL, USA

Prologue

High School, Hell or Heaven? For me it is a little of both. My name is Kaz Carmine; I’ve been attending Lane Tech High School, living…Well, trying to live a NORMAL life. Sadly, it’s not that easy. I could go on and on about this, but I’m gonna be late for school.
Kaz slammed shut his MacBook, then, stuffed numerous books and his laptop into his bag. He ran out of his room, knocking his door almost clean off hinges. Kaz dashed pass his Grandfather, Felix.
“Have a great day at school sport,” Felix said.
“Bye Gramps!” Kaz grinned.
Kaz rushed out the front door. He slid past several people, nearly knocking them over.
“Jerk!”
“Prick!”
“Love you too,” Kaz laughed.
Kaz Carmine was a tall young man, well built and extremely athletic. He always spiked his hair, showing off his two-toned brown hair color. He was the oddest of the bunch, but everyone he got to know, loved him one way or another.
Kaz looked back forward, smacking dead into a girl. He toppled her over, landing on top of her. Kaz pushed himself up, seeing that he was grabbing the girl’s chest.
“Mind getting off my boobs, Kaz?”
Kaz looked up. It was Raine Williams, his neighbor, and long time crush. She was naturally beautiful, long brunette hair, little to no makeup, perfect figure and a best of all, a great attitude alone with the perfect personality. Raine helped Kaz off her chest, and Kaz gathered her books.
“Sorry about groping you,” Kaz apologized.
“It’s fine. Don’t worry, crap happens,” Raine smiled.
Kaz handed Raine her books, she held them tight and walked along next to Kaz.
“So, how was your weekend?” Kaz asked.
“It was really good. I had fun with my grandparents,” Raine told. “How was you’re weekend?”
“It was fine,” Kaz sighed. “Well, not so much. Kinda bad actually.”
“Why?” Raine wondered.
“Random crap,” Kaz replied.
Raine walked closer to Kaz, almost cuddling him.
“If you ever wanna talk, let me know,” Raine smiled.
“Okay, thanks Raine,” Kaz smiled.
Kaz and Raine walked their way to school, passing the sites of Chicago. It was still quite early; nearly no kids were roaming their way to classes. Kaz didn’t notice anything; he was just plain tired, almost oblivious. He just wandered his way to school, along with Raine. When Kaz’s mind surfaced once more, he noticed that they had arrived at their high school. Empty, completely deserted. Dumbstruck, Kaz looked over at Raine, she smiled and shrugged her shoulders.
“It’s a late start today,” Raine smiled.
Still dumbstruck, Kaz scratched his head, puzzled by his stupidity.
“Why the Hell did I think I was late for school?” Kaz pounded.
Raine hugged Kaz.
“You never remember,” Raine stated. “So I just decided to come in early and wait with you.”
“Thanks. You’re the best,” Kaz grinned.
“You guy too?”
Standing in front of the school was Kaz’s best friend, Marcus. Marcus was one of the biggest Freshmen of the school. His dark skin tone was very unique. He was of Chilean and Africa-American descent. He was larger than Kaz, plus a bit menacing, but he always meant well.
“S’up Kaz?” Marcus asked.
“Not much, man,” Kaz replied. “How was your weekend?”
“It was aight,” Marcus said. “Yours?”
“Crappy,” Kaz sighed.
“That sucks,” Marcus said.
“I gonna do some typing,” Kaz said.
“Okay. Have fun,” Raine smiled.
Kaz sat down on the nearest bench, then, pulled out his MacBook. As the computer began to bootup, Kaz pulled out his iPod Nano, plopped the earbuds in his ears, and began to type.
As I began earlier, I’m in high school, see. It’s great, and then, it sucks. Total bummer. It’s sad that I can’t live a normal life. Let me get you up to speed. My family isn’t of the norm. Our Family has been passing down the Art and Science of Alchemy for generations. Our Bloodlines reach way back, back in the time Alchemy was first created. The goal was to create the Philosopher's Stone, the White Stone. Creating this, granted ultimate wisdom, ultimate strength, as well Immortality. To this day, no one of my family has successfully transmuted the all-powerful Elixir. Hell, even thanks to modern science and technology, nothing. I’m an Alchemist. I don’t have metal limbs or anything, but I can transmute objects into something else. I’m brilliant for my age, as my Grandfather has told me… Even so, I still feel like a novice.
Raine sat down next to Kaz, seeing that he’d shutdown his computer. He looked very happy, happy like he’d accomplished something big.
“You look quite happy,” Raine laughed.
“I am,” Kaz smiled. “I’m really working out stuff, and the writing is working like a charm.”
Marcus slammed his palm on Kaz’s back. The pain spiraled down his spine.
“That’s good. It’s ‘bout time you get back to normal,” Marcus grinned.
Marcus slammed his palm on Kaz’s back once more. Kaz could feel the bruise growing. He looked up, seeing that the school was becoming crowded. The students look wide-awake. Starting at 10:00 a.m. instead of 8:00 a.m. really helped everyone. The bell rang as the clock hit ten. All the classes were shortened, making it the easiest day for Kaz. He had the worst attention span know to man. Every free moment he got, Kaz would type something, keeping his mind relax, and semi-focused.
The day didn’t drag on like it always did for Kaz. It was like the writing took his mind off his past, his worries about his future. By dismissal, Kaz was really to get home; despite the fact his grandfather was planning Alchemy training. Kaz met up with Raine, then, wondered around looking for Marcus. When Kaz caught sight of him, he was yet again, hitting on a girl, working his magic. Marcus sealed the deal right as Kaz and Raine showed up.
“Call me sometime,” Marcus grinned.
“Okay, be expecting it!”
As she walked off, holding her head high, Kaz slid over next to Marcus.
“I swear, you have some magic scent that admits from your body,” Kaz said. “It’s how to hypnotize all the lovely ladies.”
“Really now,” Raine smirked.
“Raine, once you go black, you’ll never go back,” Marcus laughed.
“Marcus, how long that take ya?” Raine asked. “Minutes or months, cuz it’s sadly lame.”
“Treated!” Kaz howled.
“Shut it!” Marcus snapped.
Kaz saluted, then, whipped his arm forward, egging on Marcus.
“Yes sir!” Kaz grinned.
“Ass,” Marcus mumbled. “Let’s just head home.”
It was a sunny autumn afternoon; the leaves were still the fresh green of the summer. Kaz relaxed his arm on Raine’s shoulder, keeping her close. Marcus was jamming out to his iPod. The sound of Lil Wayne’s voice echoed off his ears. The constant sound of Autotune was present once every minute.
“How can Marcus completely zone out to Lil Wayne?” Raine wondered. “He’s very generic.”
Marcus jumped forward, pushing in between Kaz and Raine.
“That nigga is the shit!” Marcus grinned. “Best rapper alive!”
“Chill,” Kaz said. “You gotta use that word?”
“Nigga please,” Marcus smirked. “Just something I gotta say.”
“Whatever man,” Kaz sighed.
The walk back home was filled with the constant honking of a horn, the smell of car exhaust, and a few anger drivers. The sun shined off windows of different storefronts, and the passing cars, but even so, Kaz was quite distracted. Numerous times, Kaz nearly walked into traffic. Raine always stopped Kaz before being turned into road kill.
“What’s up with you man?” Marcus asked.
“I dunno,” Kaz sighed. “Just tired, I guess.”
“Ya sure?” Raine asked.
“Yeah. I just need sleep,” Kaz replied.
As they strolled home, Kaz went in his back door. Raine did the same at her place. Marcus spilt from the group blocks back. Kaz stormed up to his room, closing the door behind him. He had no intention of studying any Alchemy that day. Kaz just sat himself down at his desk, staring into his computer’s screen. It was plain rough, he was 14 years old, and his family was in the belief that he was a human weapon. A born weapon to use Alchemy to protect the family.
It was very challenging for Kaz, that fact that he was wandering through his teenage years with no guidance. His parents were killed when he was very young. The killer was never found, scarring Kaz even further. A picture of his parents resided on his desk, each time he’d look at it too long, he would begin to tear up. Kaz looked over at the picture. It was old, and the color had faded. Slight tears rolled from under Kaz’s eyes.
“God dammit!” Kaz shouted.
Whipping his arm around, Kaz knocked the picture off his desk. It smashed into his bedside, shattering the glass. He ducked his head into his hands. The tears dripped from his palms, it was a small amount, but he was still in pain. Sitting on his desk was his phone, it buzzed twice. Kaz rubbed his face, then, grabbed his phone. He had a text message, and opened it. It was from Raine.
U OK?
Kaz tapped his fingers across the phone, then, sent the message.
Nah, not really. Howd you no?
His phone buzzed once more, Kaz opened it.
I can see you in the window
Kaz turned to his window; Raine was across the way, sitting in her room. She waved, smiling; yet looking concerned. Kaz’s phone buzzed once more. He grabbed his phone, and looked at the message.
Wanna talk now?
Kaz looked back over at Raine. He nodded his head, then, stood up. Jumping onto his bed, Kaz slid open his window, while Raine opened hers as well.
“Wanna come over here?” Raine asked. “I have the place to myself.”
“Sure. I need a change of scene,” Kaz replied.
“Okay, back doors open,” Raine smiled.
Raine slid her window shut, and walked away. Kaz sat there for a minute, trying to gather himself together. Slowly, Kaz closed his window, and headed downstairs. His eyes were a little red, but it wasn’t very noticeable. As he walked out his back door, he noticed that he hadn’t heard from his grandfather when he arrived home. He shut the door behind him, then, locked it. He dropped the key, and slid it underneath the potted plant.
He hopped his fence, landing in Raine’s yard. He walked his way to the back door, opened the door, then, Raine jumped out and hugged him. Kaz stood there, taking the hug, but it made him happy. Raine looked up at Kaz.
“What’s got you so…down?” Raine asked.
“Well,” Kaz started.
Raine started pulling Kaz towards the stairs.
“Let’s go talk in my room,” Raine smiled.
Raine tugged Kaz up the stairs. Hw nearly tripped twice. When they dashed into Raine’s room, she slammed the door behind them. She jumped onto her bed, and Kaz sat in her desk chair.
“So, what’s wrong?” Raine asked.
“A lot,” Kaz sighed.
“Wanna elaborate?” Raine suggested.
Kaz crossed his arms, trying to keep his tears in. It was no use, down dropped two tears. Raine stood up and hugged Kaz. Kaz held her tight, trying to gather himself.
“I’m just struggling,” Kaz cried. “I have a lot of problems.”
In middle of the quiet moment, Kaz’s phone buzzed twice. He slipped it out of his pocket, seeing it was from his grandfather.
If u r about to do it use protection
Kaz turned around, to look out the window. Standing at his window was his Grandfather. He was laughing hysterically.
“Oh my god,” Kaz groaned.
“What?” Raine asked.
Kaz handed Raine his phone, she stared at the message, then, turned to Kaz’s Grandfather. She shook her head, and turned back to Kaz.
“Sex joke,” Raine sighed.
“Sex joke,” Kaz sighed.
Kaz and Raine sighed, but continued to hug. Grandpa Felix left Kaz’s room, noticing the broken picture frame.
“He still hasn’t gotten over it,” Felix sighed.
He left the room, closing the door behind him. Back in Raine’s room, Kaz began to explain his troubles. Amazed that she had never heard about his parents’ death, she constantly apologized for his loss. He’d say it was fine, but inside, he was still hurting. As the afternoon moved on to the evening Kaz headed home, hopping over the fence. He ducked in his back door, and snuck up to his room. As he was passing his Grandfather’s room the light turned on.
“Damn,” Kaz mumbled.
Grandpa Felix was sitting in his chair, with a huge grin.
“Have fun at Raine’s place?” Felix asked.
“If you’re asking if me had sex, we didn’t” Kaz replied.
“Oh,” Felix said.
“Can I get to bed?” Kaz asked.
“Sure,” Felix answered.
Kaz strolled into his rrom, closing the door behind him. In the minutes he took to get ready for bed, he thought about the time he spent with Raine. After that, he tucked away in bed, and dozed off.

terrib

I laughed at these...:)

“Jerk!”
“Prick!”
“Love you too,” Kaz laughed.

“Mind getting off my boobs, Kaz?” (lol) I liked how you described Raine.

Wasn't sure about this line, Will (“You guy too?”)

Wasn't sure what Alchemy was...had to Google it and still I'm not sure....:)

WillWorks

Alchemy is the principal of Transmuting(Changing) Common metals like copper, iron, bronze into Gold. It's a science and philosophy using chemistry. It originated in the 14th century. Basically its the science of changing something into something else. The line "You guy too?" Should be "You guys too" Typo. I'm glad you found it funny, I feel that stories need to have some humor, or it to stale from just plain action. This book ushers in emotions, action, and of course some humor. Thanks for reading terrib

Tripp

Hi Will,

Try avoid mentioning who's talking after each and every statement. Give the reader a little credit. It'll make your conversation flow smoother.

You have a few things here like "How was your weekend?" and "Fine. How was your weekend?" This can be somewhat boring. I'd suggest tightening it up. Lose the little things and get the reader straight into what you want to communicate about your characters. Also, the part about Marcus listening to Lil Wayne... if it doesn't fit into the story later, you can simply say he was listening to his iPod, etc. Make sure everything you're having your audience read has a point. If not, delete it.

WillWorks

I see what you are getting at. I'll fix up the diologue a bit, I understand that I should use the characters name always. Now the iPod bit appears throughout the book, Marcus is a big time music guy, and Raine and Kaz use them once in a while. Thanks for the critique, that was very helpful.

WillWorks

Sorry for doubled posting, but here is an updated version. Thanks to Tripps, for the great critique.

Prologue

High School, Hell or Heaven? For me it is a little of both. My name is Kaz Carmine; I’ve been attending Lane Tech High School, living…Well, trying to live a NORMAL life. Sadly, it’s not that easy. I could go on and on about this, but I’m gonna be late for school.
Kaz slammed shut his MacBook, then, stuffed numerous books and his laptop into his bag. He ran out of his room, knocking his door almost clean off hinges. Kaz dashed pass his Grandfather, Felix.
“Have a great day at school sport,” Felix said, waving goodbye.
“Bye Gramps!” Kaz grinned.
Kaz rushed out the front door. He slid past several people, nearly knocking them over.
“Jerk!”
“Prick!”
“Love you too,” Kaz laughed, running off down the street.
Kaz Carmine was a tall young man, well built and extremely athletic. He always spiked his hair, showing off his two-toned brown hair color. He was the oddest of the bunch, but everyone he got to know, loved him one way or another.
Kaz looked back forward, smacking dead into a girl. He toppled her over, landing on top of her. Kaz pushed himself up, seeing that he was grabbing the girl’s chest.
“Mind getting off my boobs, Kaz?”
Kaz looked up. It was Raine Williams, his neighbor, and long time crush. She was naturally beautiful, long brunette hair, little to no makeup, perfect figure and a best of all, a great attitude alone with the perfect personality. Raine helped Kaz off her chest, and Kaz gathered her books.
“Sorry about groping you,” Kaz apologized, trying not to look stupid.
“It’s fine. Don’t worry, crap happens,” Raine smiled.
Kaz handed Raine her books, she held them tight and walked along next to Kaz.
“So, how was your weekend?” Kaz asked.
“It was really good. I had fun with my grandparents,” Raine told. “How was yours?”
“It was fine. Well, not so much. Kinda bad actually.”
“Why?”
“Random crap,”
Raine walked closer to Kaz, almost cuddling him.
“If you ever wanna talk, let me know,”
“Okay, thanks Raine,”
Kaz and Raine walked their way to school, passing the sites of Chicago. It was still quite early; nearly no kids were roaming their way to classes. Kaz didn’t notice anything; he was just plain tired, almost oblivious. He just wandered his way to school, along with Raine. When Kaz’s mind surfaced once more, he noticed that they had arrived at their high school. Empty, completely deserted. Dumbstruck, Kaz looked over at Raine, she smiled and shrugged her shoulders.
“It’s a late start today,” Raine smiled.
Still dumbstruck, Kaz scratched his head, puzzled by his stupidity.
“Why the Hell did I think I was late for school?” Kaz pounded, as he walked around in a circle.s
Raine hugged Kaz.
“You never remember. So…I just decided to come in early and wait with you.”
“Thanks. You’re the best,”
“You guys too?”
Standing in front of the school was Kaz’s best friend, Marcus. Marcus was one of the biggest Freshmen of the school. His dark skin tone was very unique. He was of Chilean and Africa-American descent. He was larger than Kaz, plus a bit menacing, but he always meant well.
“S’up Kaz?” Marcus asked, as he high-fived Kaz.
“Not much, man,” Kaz replied. “How was your weekend?”
“It was aight. Yours?”
“Crappy,”
“That sucks,”
“I gonna do some typing,”
“Okay. Have fun,” Raine smiled.
Kaz sat down on the nearest bench, then, pulled out his MacBook. As the computer began to bootup, Kaz pulled out his iPod Nano, plopped the earbuds in his ears, and began to type.
As I began earlier, I’m in high school, see. It’s great, and then, it sucks. Total bummer. It’s sad that I can’t live a normal life. Let me get you up to speed. My family isn’t of the norm. Our Family has been passing down the Art and Science of Alchemy for generations. Our Bloodlines reach way back, back in the time Alchemy was first created. The goal was to create the Philosopher's Stone, the White Stone. Creating this, granted ultimate wisdom, ultimate strength, as well Immortality. To this day, no one of my family has successfully transmuted the all-powerful Elixir. Hell, even thanks to modern science and technology, nothing. I’m an Alchemist. I don’t have metal limbs or anything, but I can transmute objects into something else. I’m brilliant for my age, as my Grandfather has told me… Even so, I still feel like a novice.
Raine sat down next to Kaz, seeing that he’d shutdown his computer. He looked very happy, happy like he’d accomplished something big.
“You look quite happy,” Raine laughed, resting her head on Kaz’s shoulder.
“I am,” Kaz smiled. “I’m really working out stuff, and the writing is working like a charm.”
Marcus slammed his palm on Kaz’s back. The pain spiraled down his spine.
“That’s good. It’s ‘bout time you get back to normal,” Marcus grinned.
Marcus slammed his palm on Kaz’s back once more. Kaz could feel the bruise growing. He looked up, seeing that the school was becoming crowded. The students look wide-awake. Starting at 10:00 a.m. instead of 8:00 a.m. really helped everyone. The bell rang as the clock hit ten. All the classes were shortened, making it the easiest day for Kaz. He had the worst attention span know to man. Every free moment he got, Kaz would type something, keeping his mind relax, and semi-focused.
The day didn’t drag on like it always did for Kaz. It was like the writing took his mind off his past, his worries about his future. By dismissal, Kaz was really to get home; despite the fact his grandfather was planning Alchemy training. Kaz met up with Raine, then, wondered around looking for Marcus. When Kaz caught sight of him, he was yet again, hitting on a girl, working his magic. Marcus sealed the deal right as Kaz and Raine showed up.
“Call me sometime,” Marcus grinned, as he walked away.
“Okay, be expecting it!”
As she walked off, holding her head high, Kaz slid over next to Marcus.
“I swear, you have some magic scent that admits from your body,” Kaz explained. “It’s how to hypnotize all the lovely ladies.”
“Really now,” Raine smirked, looking at Marcus.
“Raine, once you go black, you’ll never go back,” Marcus laughed.
“Marcus, how long that take ya? Minutes or months, cuz it’s sadly lame.”
“Treated!” Kaz howled.
“Shut it!” Marcus snapped.
Kaz saluted, then, whipped his arm forward, egging on Marcus.
“Yes sir!”
“Ass. Let’s just head home, before I decide to beat you two senseless.”
It was a sunny autumn afternoon; the leaves were still the fresh green of the summer. Kaz relaxed his arm on Raine’s shoulder, keeping her close. Marcus was jamming out to his iPod. The sound of Lil Wayne’s voice echoed off his ears. The constant sound of Autotune was present once every minute.
“How can Marcus completely zone out to Lil Wayne?” Raine wondered. “He’s very generic.”
Marcus jumped forward, pushing in between Kaz and Raine.
“Cuz, he’s the shit!” Marcus grinned. “Best rapper alive!”
“Chill man, Chill” Kaz said.
“Don’t tell me to chill,”
“Whatever man,”
The walk back home was filled with the constant honking of a horn, the smell of car exhaust, and a few anger drivers. The sun shined off windows of different storefronts, and the passing cars, but even so, Kaz was quite distracted. Numerous times, Kaz nearly walked into traffic. Raine always stopped Kaz before being turned into road kill.
“What’s up with you man?” Marcus asked.
“I dunno,” Kaz sighed. “Just tired, I guess.”
“Ya sure?” Raine asked.
“Yeah. I just need sleep,”
As they strolled home, Kaz went in his back door. Raine did the same at her place. Marcus spilt from the group blocks back. Kaz stormed up to his room, closing the door behind him. He had no intention of studying any Alchemy that day. Kaz just sat himself down at his desk, staring into his computer’s screen. It was plain rough, he was 14 years old, and his family was in the belief that he was a human weapon. A born weapon to use Alchemy to protect the family.
It was very challenging for Kaz, that fact that he was wandering through his teenage years with no guidance. His parents were killed when he was very young. The killer was never found, scarring Kaz even further. A picture of his parents resided on his desk, each time he’d look at it too long, he would begin to tear up. Kaz looked over at the picture. It was old, and the color had faded. Slight tears rolled from under Kaz’s eyes.
“God dammit!” Kaz shouted.
Whipping his arm around, Kaz knocked the picture off his desk. It smashed into his bedside, shattering the glass. He ducked his head into his hands. The tears dripped from his palms, it was a small amount, but he was still in pain. Sitting on his desk was his phone, it buzzed twice. Kaz rubbed his face, then, grabbed his phone. He had a text message, and opened it. It was from Raine.
U OK?
Kaz tapped his fingers across the phone, then, sent the message.
Nah, not really. Howd you no?
His phone buzzed once more, Kaz opened it.
I can see you in the window
Kaz turned to his window; Raine was across the way, sitting in her room. She waved, smiling; yet looking concerned. Kaz’s phone buzzed once more. He grabbed his phone, and looked at the message.
Wanna talk now?
Kaz looked back over at Raine. He nodded his head, then, stood up. Jumping onto his bed, Kaz slid open his window, while Raine opened hers as well.
“Wanna come over here?” Raine asked. “I have the place to myself.”
“Sure. I need a change of scene,” Kaz replied.
“Okay, back doors open,”
Raine slid her window shut, and walked away. Kaz sat there for a minute, trying to gather himself together. Slowly, Kaz closed his window, and headed downstairs. His eyes were a little red, but it wasn’t very noticeable. As he walked out his back door, he noticed that he hadn’t heard from his grandfather when he arrived home. He shut the door behind him, then, locked it. He dropped the key, and slid it underneath the potted plant.
He hopped his fence, landing in Raine’s yard. He walked his way to the back door, opened the door, then, Raine jumped out and hugged him. Kaz stood there, taking the hug, but it made him happy. Raine looked up at Kaz.
“What’s got you so…down?” Raine asked.
“Well,” Kaz started.
Raine started pulling Kaz towards the stairs.
“Let’s go talk in my room,”
Raine tugged Kaz up the stairs. Hw nearly tripped twice. When they dashed into Raine’s room, she slammed the door behind them. She jumped onto her bed, and Kaz sat in her desk chair.
“So, what’s wrong?”
“A lot,”
“Wanna elaborate?”
Kaz crossed his arms, trying to keep his tears in. It was no use, down dropped two tears. Raine stood up and hugged Kaz. Kaz held her tight, trying to gather himself.
“I’m just struggling,” Kaz cried. “I have a lot of problems.”
In middle of the quiet moment, Kaz’s phone buzzed twice. He slipped it out of his pocket, seeing it was from his grandfather.
If u r about to do it use protection
Kaz turned around, to look out the window. Standing at his window was his Grandfather. He was laughing hysterically.
“Oh my god,” Kaz groaned.
“What?” Raine asked.
Kaz handed Raine his phone, she stared at the message, then, turned to Kaz’s Grandfather. She shook her head, and turned back to Kaz.
“Sex joke?”
“Sex joke,”
Kaz and Raine sighed, but continued to hug. Grandpa Felix left Kaz’s room, noticing the broken picture frame.
“He still hasn’t gotten over it,” Felix sighed.
He left the room, closing the door behind him. Back in Raine’s room, Kaz began to explain his troubles. Amazed that she had never heard about his parents’ death, she constantly apologized for his loss. He’d say it was fine, but inside, he was still hurting. As the afternoon moved on to the evening Kaz headed home, hopping over the fence. He ducked in his back door, and snuck up to his room. As he was passing his Grandfather’s room the light turned on.
“Damn,” Kaz mumbled.
Grandpa Felix was sitting in his chair, with a huge grin.
“Have fun at Raine’s place?” Felix asked.
“If you’re asking if me had sex, we didn’t.”
“Oh, okay”
“Can I get to bed?”
“Sure.”
Kaz strolled into his room, closing the door behind him. In the minutes he took to get ready for bed, he thought about the time he spent with Raine. After that, he tucked away in bed, and dozed off.

Users who are viewing this thread