Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Terry Pratchet (1 Viewer)

F

Fusion

I'd like to get into his books, especially the Discworld series. Any suggestions for a good starting point?

Allen907

Hi Fusion. I got into Pratchet's books last summer and i have really enjoyed them. The first one i read was Hogfather and its still my favorite. The best ones in my opinion are the ones that feature the Unseen University.

Anarkos

I would recommend starting with "Guards! Guards!" and following the guards sub-series. The first Discworld books are not his best.

Arin

I've only read a couple of Terry Pratchett's books (both of the Discworld series) and they have been superb. I read Carpe Jugulum and Wyrd Sisters. Both of them managed to be extremely hilarious and yet very profound and stirring.

D

duberdurm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld#Published_work

This lists his Discworld works. I love his adventures with Rincewind the most (see the 'Group' column of the chart to know who the main characters are). The man is a genius.

I'd recommend listening to the audiobook versions narrated by Nigel Planar anytime you get a chance, as he is a master at bringing characters to life. Once you know how to read, there's nothing like having someone else do it for you.

K-P

I only read "Monstrous Regiment", and I couldn't really get into it. Maybe that cuz I'm a sexist. Girls fighting in wars. *guffaws and then goes to sleep, alone. All alone.*

Users who are viewing this thread