Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Technical Writing (1 Viewer)

P

PaperShark

Anyone out there a tech writer? Anyone write white papers or case studies or articles for the high tech market?

PaperShark

Michael

Do mean tech writing as in writing about technology such as the newest gadgets, or IT, etc.?

Or do you mean tech writing as in writing for scientific journals, writing technical manuals, etc.?

If you are referring to the latter, I am actually interested in making some money that way after school. We'll see how that works out though. If you are are talking about the former, then... no.

P

PaperShark

Hi Michael;

I help high tech companies sell their products. Sometimes I ghostwrite for trade publications, sometimes I write product literature for companies, and most times I am writing papers for high tech companies that their sales force uses when they go out and sell -- they are called white papers. If you want to learn more about that, visit www.stelzner.com/copy-HowTo-whitepapers.php.

PaperShark

Michael

That looks like very interesting info. I'm graduating from college in January, and I've been thinking about supplementing the job I'm going into (as soon as I find one, that is) with some kind of technical writing. I've only studied the basics of the topic in school (my actual degree is in architectural acoustics), but it's something I want to learn more about. Thanks for the link. :D