Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Tap the glass.. (1 Viewer)

cozwry

I have ever had that blaze of inspiration, that ends up with a night of beer and bbq with a stranger. A good potato in jacket. But if you were to ask me if I was well travelled these days, I’d have to argue that I’ll go as far as my dog will take me. He’s a cripple. I wonder as far as my bedside table, being in recovery - but I am glad for the immaculate conception, suspended as he is. Do you ever think of black comedy such as this?

cozwry

Softcore horror, actually. I like to imagine the landscape free of law and order, but that is a bit tongue in cheek. Mostly it gets in the way of plot device. What is your chosen genre?

TheMightyAz

Mentor
Softcore horror, actually. I like to imagine the landscape free of law and order, but that is a bit tongue in cheek. Mostly it gets in the way of plot device. What is your chosen genre?
Horror and fantasy. Mainly because I love the vocab involved and the freedom to paint any visual I can imagine. Plus I'm a little twisted.

cozwry

It makes me happy, to explore the shadows, there are plenty other things to be scared of - so why not?

TheMightyAz

Mentor
It makes me happy, to explore the shadows, there are plenty other things to be scared of - so why not?
Yeah, but 'gore' isn't really an objective when writing horror. You wouldn't just write a scene to describe the gore, you'd create a scene in which gore may be necessary but not the central focus.