Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Talk about your 2013 NaNo (1 Viewer)

J Anfinson

Retired Supervisor
Didn't come anywhere near 50K, final count was 13,365 and part of that is notes. Still, it was fun and I'm going to keep going with it and find out how the rest of this story goes. How'd everyone else do?

Gargh

WF Veterans
Well, I managed 8718 in the end. I had two weeks when I couldn't write a thing and barely made time all the others. I just couldn't get it together this time, but that's a lot more words than I usually write so I'm taking it as a win ;) Because I was 'rebelling' as well, I had to make myself a nice spreadsheet in order to keep track of the words I was adding to certain files. So, if nothing else, at the end of this I have a funky word-tracking spreadsheet to motivate me!

Congratulations to everyone who made it and everyone who tried. I have no doubt that we will all have gained something positive from the experience and a new perspective on our abilities.

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
Congrats to all who gave it a shot, that's impressive to me! You all deserve a pat on the back for even attempting such an undertaking.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
So, if nothing else, at the end of this I have a funky word-tracking spreadsheet to motivate me!

Nice one Gargh! :)

I think the fact you guys took part is amazing - it's one hell of a commitment!

Everyone's a winner...was that a song? Hey ho. Here's to next year!

Gavrushka

WF Veterans
Well, I may not be quite as prolific as I was during November, but I'm closing in on 94,000 words. - (12,000 or so were written pre NaNoWriMo). - I've a week or two of edits to iron out any factual errors, and tighten a few areas of the plot before heading further, but it reads well.

I hope that others too have found a pace they can maintain, but I know juggling free time can be a struggle.

Remember, writing is for life and not just NaNovember! :p

JamMau5

I only got around to about 9000 or so. It was hard to write with finals looming and the plethora of writing assignments I had for school. But there was one day where I wrote close to 5000 words, I thought that was a good accomplishment. I still want to finish the story and see where it goes. Hopefully I can get 50,000 next year.

Gavrushka

WF Veterans
I only got around to about 9000 or so. It was hard to write with finals looming and the plethora of writing assignments I had for school. But there was one day where I wrote close to 5000 words, I thought that was a good accomplishment. I still want to finish the story and see where it goes. Hopefully I can get 50,000 next year.

That's the beauty of writing, isn't it? Those 9,000 words you've created are indelible. They will wait an eternity for a few friends, if that is what is needed.

I wish you the best of luck with your finals, and I'd say why wait until next NaNoWriMo to introduce your 9,000 words to a few friends. As the advert says*, writing is for life, not just for NaNovember! :)

*Well, it doesn't, but it damn well should! :p

Megs Tale

I successfully came to the 50K goal and beyond for NaNo 2013 and I'm still working away at editing and actually finishing the novel. It ended up with a surprising twist in the very middle and I'm still completely shocked as to how well it worked out. For once, this plot twist and my characters were unified. It pleases me much. It has me ready for another crazy NaNoWriMo month.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
A belated congratulations, Meg :) It's an amazing feeling to complete the challenge and hopefully you will go on to be one of the NaNo success stories.
PiP